Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
RAVENNA for Melco excerpt here from PR sheet :
The advantages of using Ethernet were plainly obvious to other DAC manufacturers and there has been much interest in how this could be be incorporated into other products. During the High End 2017 show, the RAVENNA Corner of the Merging stand J06 in Hall 3 will amply demonstrate where this is going. A Melco N1 Hi-Res Digital Music Source will be on display as will the Aurender X100 Digital Music Player. Both these popular products take advantage of Merging’s LINUX Virtual Audio Device which could be adopted by other devices using the same operating system. Merging has also developed drivers for OSX and Windows to ensure that RAVENNA can be used with any computer platform.
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
Interesting concept but there may be limited availability of compatible DACs?
Hi all, first post here. Happy owner of a 440 Pro, I just wanted to mention that Melco is quite open to renewing their older products, was offered to upgrade a 1x 2TB HDD to 1x or 2x SSD with minimum premium, quite enjoyed the service.
Devialet Expert D200 > D400 > D440 Pro, Melco N1A, B&W 804 D3, Wireworld Starlight USB & Eclipse 7 speakers. Japan.
(Oppo HA-1, Macbook Pro, Sennheiser HD800S)
(20-Jul-2017, 18:57)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Jul-2017, 18:56)K4680 Wrote: Hello, Yesterday I read a report "SongKong for Melco" in the net. Has anyone already experience with the software?

http://www.jthink.net/songkongformelco/

ooooh  Big Grin

This looks promising!

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume,have found a test and a great guide for settings of SongKong!
Sadly only in German.

https://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/2077-songkong
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Having audio breakup 1s-2s (as the song starts) moving from one song to the next picking randomly, the issue is limited to 24/192 files (setup is Melco N1A-->SoTM-SMS200--->Mytek Brooklyn). Everything is wired and control point is Kazoo on my laptop. Can someone confirm if this is expected behaviour.
I have an N1A straight into a Brooklyn.  I've never noticed this behaviour but I'll test for it...

[edit] - forgot to ask. Is this with the default Twonky Server on the Melco, or Minimserver?
(24-Aug-2017, 19:31)Devialetuser Wrote: Having audio breakup 1s-2s (as the song starts) moving from one song to the next picking randomly, the issue is limited to 24/192 files (setup is Melco N1A-->SoTM-SMS200--->Mytek Brooklyn). Everything is wired and control point is Kazoo on my laptop. Can someone confirm if this is expected behaviour.

Hello Devialetuser, maybe this helps!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
No issues when directly connected to Mytek via USB. Will try with a different router/switch. Thanks
(13-Jul-2017, 11:56)harris4crna Wrote: Out of curiosity, anyone got the Dela version from Buffalo versus the Melco? I own the Dela, which is the Japanese version of the same player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(13-Jul-2017, 15:03)tategoi Wrote: Tempted to buy one in Japan and then ask local melco dealer to build me a 110v transformer :-D

Hello! I bought an N1A in Japan, it's 100V only and works very well. Recent firmwares improved it also. It's really a pure branding issue, the firmware is the same.
Devialet Expert D200 > D400 > D440 Pro, Melco N1A, B&W 804 D3, Wireworld Starlight USB & Eclipse 7 speakers. Japan.
(Oppo HA-1, Macbook Pro, Sennheiser HD800S)
Plus, its much cheaper in Japan.