Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dialog constantly dropping out
Hi all,

I have two Silvers and a Dialog. Really like the system, however, everytime I am listening, the music stops randomly and Spark is not able to find the Dialog anymore (wifi networks of Dialog is still visible and the white light is still on). 30 seconds after unplugging the Dialog is again connected with Spark and I can continue listening to the music... till the next drop out. Sometimes I can listen hours without a drop out, sometimes 5 minutes. But it happens too frequently and it is really annoying.
Btw: Dialog and Phantoms are running the latest firmware, I tried a factory reset, however, drop outs are still there.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Janwillem
Hi and welcome to the forum!
A lot of questions are following:
Maybe the Dialog is blocked by the firewall of your router? Have you tried to temporarily turn off the firewall to see if the problem persist? Have you reset your router? Have you reported the bug to Devialet Support via Spark? They might be able to help you, they are getting system logs when you are submitting a bug through Spark. Is the Dialog connected directly to your router? I've hade a similar problem when my mesh point (Google WiFi) lost connection to the primary point and the Dialog lost the ip address. When the connection was reestablished Dialog wasn't able to to renew the ip address without a restart.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Thanks and thanks!
Good suggestions, I did reset the router, however, did not check firewall settings. Also, the Dialog is connected to a LAN-splitter.....
Will test it and report back, again, thanks!
(08-Jun-2017, 14:09)deTest Wrote: Thanks and thanks!
Good suggestions, I did reset the router, however, did not check firewall settings. Also, the Dialog is connected to a LAN-splitter.....

Have you tried bypassing the LAN switch?
My Phantom Voyage
I own 2 Gold and 2 Silver devialet speakers, with 2 airplay dialogues, the gold's I have at a holiday house and the silver i maintain in my office ( 7 km's apart).
Since the latest update, Spark 1.9.0. and the subsequent firmware updates I'm experiencing significant sound dropouts in both systems, I communicated with the Devialet people, sent them the log generated by SPARK, they reckon all is fine.
They further recommended, the typical "plug unplug, reset, press x3 the rear button etc....... despite this, the problem persists. No firewalls, water walls, or brick walls in the computer, modem, router, nor is the holy spirit present. The problem simply persists.
Does anybody have a solution? or experienced a similar issue?
Thanks
(08-Jun-2017, 17:22)ragwo Wrote:

Yes, yesterday evening. So far so good! Some problems with short left/ right phantom drop out (dialog now in a different room than the dialogs), but after reset it works fine.
Hope this is the solution, thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(09-Jun-2017, 10:09)deTest Wrote:
(08-Jun-2017, 17:22)ragwo Wrote:

Yes, yesterday evening. So far so good! Some problems with short left/ right phantom drop out (dialog now in a different room than the dialogs), but after reset it works fine.
Hope this is the solution, thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Glad to hear that it worked out!
My Phantom Voyage
(08-Jun-2017, 22:20)driceman1086 Wrote: I own 2 Gold and 2 Silver devialet speakers, with 2 airplay dialogues, the gold's I have at a holiday house and the silver i maintain in my office ( 7 km's apart).
Since the latest update, Spark 1.9.0. and the subsequent firmware updates I'm experiencing significant sound dropouts in both systems, I communicated with the Devialet people, sent them the log generated by SPARK, they reckon all is fine.
They further recommended, the typical "plug unplug, reset, press x3 the rear button etc....... despite this, the problem persists. No firewalls, water walls, or brick walls in the computer,  modem, router, nor is the holy spirit present. The problem simply persists.
Does anybody have a solution? or experienced a similar issue?
Thanks

Sorry to read about your problems. Are the Phantoms connected via PLC? PLC is the best way to get in touch with the Holy Spirit without dropouts Wink
My Phantom Voyage
Unfortunately I had the same issues via WiFi. I guess it depends on how robust the networking gear is to pass those packets through. I'm using an Airport Extreme which i have not been too fond of it's WiFi performance since purchasing. So I moved to hardware ethernet by way of PLC adapters connected into the router directly. No more issues. Well, at least it's 99.9999% trouble-free now, whreas before on WiFi it would barely go through three days or less without some dropout problem. I know WiFi works for some, but I think they are a minority rather than majority from what i see on the forums.
(13-Jun-2017, 00:21)kameraguy Wrote: Unfortunately I had the same issues via WiFi. I guess it depends on how robust the networking gear is to pass those packets through. I'm using an Airport Extreme which i have not been too fond of it's WiFi performance since purchasing. So I moved to hardware ethernet by way of PLC adapters connected into the router directly. No more issues. Well, at least it's 99.9999% trouble-free now, whreas before on WiFi it would barely go through three days or less without some dropout problem. I know WiFi works for some, but I think they are a minority rather than majority from what i see on the forums.

This is something I don't understand.
Aren't dropouts mostly due to the poor connectivity between Dialog and Phantoms? In that case the Dialog wifi network strength (either 2.4 or 5 Ghz) or Dialog and Phantom internal PLC are to blame not the Airport Extreme wifi.
I thought that Dialog has be to connected to the router to stream music from a device connected to your personal network. Then Dialog reprocesses the information and sends it to the Phantoms using PLC or Dialog wifi.