Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dialog constantly dropping out
I have a separate router for my devialet setup (2 Gold + dialog), I have the dialog connected from the TV via optical. All of them are connected to the SAME power outlet via extension (so I'm using PLC). I still have drop outs every now and then, difference from before is that the dropout is much shorter after the last firmware upgrade, so software issue? idunno) For something that cost this much, something is extremely bad somewhere.

Will probably go back to ethernet and see how it goes, but I'm waiting for trees before that.
(14-Jun-2017, 09:41)Deezel Wrote: I have a separate router for my devialet setup (2 Gold + dialog), I have the dialog connected from the TV via optical. All of them are connected to the SAME power outlet via extension (so I'm using PLC). I still have drop outs every now and then, difference from before is that the dropout is much shorter after the last firmware upgrade, so software issue? idunno) For something that cost this much, something is extremely bad somewhere.

Will probably go back to ethernet and see how it goes, but I'm waiting for trees before that.
The earlier dreaded toslink crackle when using toslink connected to the Dialog was replaced by a temporarily dropout/short silence a couple of firmware updates ago. Is it possible that this is the problem? If so, you'll experience the problem regardless the connection. It's definitely a software bug. There's no such problem when connecting toslink to  Phantom.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(14-Jun-2017, 10:23)ragwo Wrote:
(14-Jun-2017, 09:41)Deezel Wrote: I have a separate router for my devialet setup (2 Gold + dialog), I have the dialog connected from the TV via optical. All of them are connected to the SAME power outlet via extension (so I'm using PLC). I still have drop outs every now and then, difference from before is that the dropout is much shorter after the last firmware upgrade, so software issue? idunno) For something that cost this much, something is extremely bad somewhere.

The earlier dreaded toslink crackle when using toslink connected to the Dialog was replaced by a temporarily dropout/short silence a couple of firmware updates ago. Is it possible that this is the problem? If so, you'll experience the problem regardless the connection. It's definitely a software bug. There's no such problem when connecting toslink to  Phantom.

Idunno, my friend who got silvers early last year doesn't have the problem at all, but he's on some old fw (don't know which). I got my golds in december. I've seen people say they don't have dropouts when connected directly to the phantom instead of dialog. Guess I'm going to test that when I get back from work =) Couldn't do it before I moved everything to the livingroom (too far to any of the phantoms from the tv in the old room)
I had the same, TV connected to dialog gave short pauzes, directly connected to one of the Phantoms doesn't give issues at all.

Furthermore, bypassing the LAN switch worked! No drop outs of the Dialog anymore, very happy now!
Ok, haven't had much time to test, been away since Friday. However I moved the dialog to my other router (in another room) and my phantoms are now on 5GHz wifi, one connected to the TV. Haven't had a single dropout and no lag either. Keeping it like this for now and hoping it will continue working as it should =)
(18-Jun-2017, 19:56)Deezel Wrote: Ok, haven't had much time to test, been away since Friday. However I moved the dialog to my other router (in another room) and my phantoms are now on 5GHz wifi, one connected to the TV. Haven't had a single dropout and no lag either. Keeping it like this for now and hoping it will continue working as it should =)

Hey - so did you previously have audio lag (causing a lip sync issue with your tv) that you managed to resolve?  How did you manage this?
I never had much problems with it (and I'm usually very sensitive to lip sync). I can change delay in my TV, but I haven't had to do any changes at all (i.e it's at 0 ms). So, basically, I haven't done anything. I did have issues maybe two updates back however, then I had to change the sync on the TV.