Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Customer Care
Am I the only one frustrated at Devialet's poor approach to customer care?  

In late April, I committed to upgrading my Expert 120 to a 220 Expert Pro.  Here I am in mid June, and I have no idea where my unit is or when I'll get it back.  I say I have no idea; more correctly, dates come and go, and I have lost any faith I might have had in the company.  I have an email address with a person named Judith in it, but she never answers my messages, leaving it to others, and I am completely underwhelmed by any responses I do receive.  

One of the appeals of the upgrade offer was the 'free' streaming board.  I stream with a microRendu, and I also use a lovely little Raspberry Pi very successfully.  Having established all the hardware and software needed for streaming, my hope was that an on-board streamer would offer a good plug and play solution.  I'm questioning whether the hassle of dealing with Devialet will make this worthwhile.  I'd be gobsmacked if anything happens on this in 2017, and it will probably be riven with software issues anyway, so my expectations for the streamer are suitably low, despite some hope that it might actually be good.

Customer care always comes from the top of the organisation, and from the numerous observations I've made about the endless delays across a number of topics, it seems clear that the senior management of Devialet don't care much for their customers.  For a lifestyle company such as Devialet, that is a dreadful position to be in.  Or maybe Devialet expect that their customers are sufficiently well healed to shrug these things off?
When did you actually ship the amp? Most who upgraded had very good turn-around times, well within the time frame Devialet quoted. Delays seemed to be more a function of UPS than Devialet.

The fall of 2016 was the 'upgrade season' so their scheduling for that work may be different now.

What time frame were you given? Has the upgrade taken longer than the time they suggested to you?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(10-Jun-2017, 22:06)bitsnbob Wrote: I have an email address with a person named Judith in it, but she never answers my messages, leaving it to others, and I am completely underwhelmed by any responses I do receive.  
I would suggest creating a support ticket to ask details where your device is located at the moment.
This "Judith" never answered to my questions neither, but support replied to the tickets quite fast.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
It is not that unusual to get 'underwhelming' responses from Devialet support.  Very often they seam to answer slightly different questions to that asked, simply to close out the request with minimum effort.  This may not be completely true, but it is most certainly how it has appeared to me in on some occasions in the past.  I agree with pertik, raise a support ticket, and try to use very clear wording with respect to the information you want, less chance of them misinterpreting your request.  Another thing you could try is to use the online 'chat' facility that they have on their website homepage.  (it appears automatically in the bottom left corner of the Devialet homepage)  This at least allows a two way communication, I have used this myself with good results following a disappointing or misinterpreted 'official' response from Devialet support.

As to you your comments on the new OS board, I don't think anyone has a clue how good it will be or when it will appear!  Time will tell.  (although I have heard late September a few times now)  One positive, the jump from the 120 to a 220 Pro is a very nice jump indeed.  I am sure this will make you happy, at least it will when it finally turns up. Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(11-Jun-2017, 07:01)petrik Wrote:
(10-Jun-2017, 22:06)bitsnbob Wrote: I have an email address with a person named Judith in it, but she never answers my messages, leaving it to others, and I am completely underwhelmed by any responses I do receive.  
I would suggest creating a support ticket to ask details where your device is located at the moment.
This "Judith" never answered to my questions neither, but support replied to the tickets quite fast.

I think there's a good chance 'Judith' is an imaginary/virtual person.
She tends to deliver only good news I think.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi Bitsnbobs,
I can confirm Judith is very real as I met her when I took my speakers to Paris to be sam'ed. She was very helpful then, some 2 years or so ago but of course she may have climbed the greasy pole by now.
I would do as suggested and open a ticket I'm sure you will get some satisfaction unlike the Rolling Stones?
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(11-Jun-2017, 07:01)petrik Wrote:

I have a ticket created 3 months ago. They never replied. Just an automatic mail.
I've updated the ticket twice... Nothing.
But most of all they way they handled the AIR problems and the time it took them to fix it frustrated me.
I'll never spend a single euro on this brand anymore. Or any product with their technology in it.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Hello, with all my inquiries, I have always received within 4-6 days of Oceane, Roger and Marcel response! It is not better or worse with Devialet than with other high-end companies! The worst Angry experiences and pleas I have experienced with the American companies! Since I am with Devialet still well served Shy Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(12-Jun-2017, 16:13)K4680 Wrote: Hello, with all my inquiries, I have always received within 4-6 days of Oceane, Roger and Marcel response! It is not better or worse with Devialet than with other high-end companies! The worst  Angry experiences and pleas I have experienced with the American companies! Since I am with Devialet still well served Shy  Shy

... me too!

I know exactly what you´re talking about!
Nothing is comparable to the American companies treatment. Dealing with Devialet is a walk in the park...
(12-Jun-2017, 18:09)BoyScout Wrote:
(12-Jun-2017, 16:13)K4680 Wrote: Hello, with all my inquiries, I have always received within 4-6 days of Oceane, Roger and Marcel response! It is not better or worse with Devialet than with other high-end companies! The worst  Angry experiences and pleas I have experienced with the American companies! Since I am with Devialet still well served Shy  Shy

... me too!

I know exactly what you´re talking about!
Nothing is comparable to the American companies treatment. Dealing with Devialet is a walk in the park...
I completely agree!
Devialet always was very responsive to my requests and most lately they exchanged my emote for the 220Pro within a week after I had complained about some dust under the screen of the volume knob.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany