Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I upgrade from the original power cord?
Tongue 
Hy, I have a Devialet 200 with its original power cord, but since I keep reading that the Devialets sound much better with a better power cord, I wanted to know your experience.

My experience with previous power cords that Ive tried with diferent amps Ive owned, is that its actually quite hard to beat the original power cord, with hifi cords you usually get more open and softer sound with blacker background, but many times you loose harmonics, bass sometimes isnt good, and also sweetening the sound not always gives a good result.

I read a lot of good comments of the Triode Wire Labs Digital American cable, also Synergistic but its a lot money, and were I live its difficult to try these cords with my gear.

Thanks for the help.
Where do you live? What brands can you try?

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Hi yabaVR,
I live in a town in Spain without any hifi shops nearby, I have to buy online or from forum members.

For example I had Wireworld Electra OCC, it worked good with my Onix integrated, but to warm with Densen 150 or Marantz PM11s3 so I sold it.
Ive also tried Supra with furutech conectors with similar results.

Atlas eos HC had very transparent sound with extended heights but it sounded to analytical and unnatural, with my projector the image increase was amazing, but I didnt like its sound.

With the Devialet I can tell that cables really make a change, tried a few coaxial cables from my Oppo103eu and also a couple of speaker cables, right now I am using Chord Epic Twin.

Also decoupling with diferent materials, wood, or soundcare/Stain Music feet really make a difference, its really quite surprising how everything effects the sound of the devialet, we can do lots of tuning.

Thanks.
The original power cord that came with my Devialet 200 was basically a generic stock cord. Devialet does provide a better power cord with the Pro series. In my experience, power cords do make a difference with the Devialet Experts.

I've had great success with the Triode Wire Labs power cords and would definitely recommend them - specifically the High Power Digital American. When you order, be sure to let them know you've got a Devialet so that they use the Furutech low profile IEC termination that fits cleanly under the rear plate of the Expert.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I have also replaced my stock chord with am aftermarket one. Improvement is there, but inky if you have finished with the remaining hardware of tge reproduction chain

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(11-Jun-2017, 15:54)mdconnelly Wrote: The original power cord that came with my Devialet 200 was basically a generic stock cord.   Devialet does provide a better power cord with the Pro series.  In my experience, power cords do make a difference with the Devialet Experts.

I've had great success with the Triode Wire Labs power cords and would definitely recommend them - specifically the High Power Digital American.   When you order, be sure to let them know you've got a Devialet so that they use the Furutech low profile IEC termination that fits cleanly under the rear plate of the Expert.

Hi Mdconnelly,

I am seriously considering purchasing a Digital American HP for my 250 Pro. Can you give me an idea as to the degree of improvement versus the "pimped" pro version cable? Understand of course that it is based only on your impressions together with your setup.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(12-Jun-2017, 19:18)baconbrain Wrote:
(11-Jun-2017, 15:54)mdconnelly Wrote: The original power cord that came with my Devialet 200 was basically a generic stock cord.   Devialet does provide a better power cord with the Pro series.  In my experience, power cords do make a difference with the Devialet Experts.

I've had great success with the Triode Wire Labs power cords and would definitely recommend them - specifically the High Power Digital American.   When you order, be sure to let them know you've got a Devialet so that they use the Furutech low profile IEC termination that fits cleanly under the rear plate of the Expert.

Hi Mdconnelly,

I am seriously considering purchasing a Digital American HP for my 250 Pro. Can you give me an idea as to the degree of improvement versus the "pimped" pro version cable? Understand of course that it is based only on your impressions together with your setup.

To be totally candid, I've been using TWL power cords and interconnects for quite a few  years - well before my first Devialet Expert.   I've had a few components that showed no difference in power cords and others that changed significantly.  To my ears, the Devialet Expert does respond quite well to any improvements in power source.   With the TWL HPDA power cord, I find that bass gets tighter & more well defined, the background gets quieter allowing voices and instruments to be better defined in the sound stage and top end improves a bit in delicacy removing any last vestiges of a digital edge.   Now, to put that in context, we're NOT talking night and day, OMG improvements.  Changes are subtle but definitely move the dial toward "musical" (as opposed to analytical or highly detailed).  I did use the stock cords on my 440 Pro for awhile before ordering the HPDA cords so I feel I had ample time to be able to discern the improvements.

Pete Grzybowski owns and runs Triode Wire Labs - great guy who will do right by you.   I know he's sold a number of his power cords to Devialet owners.   Drop him a note (his contact info is on his website - triodewirelabs.com).   You can also now find a number of excellent reviews of his cables.  He also offers a 30-day eval period.

Just a happy customer here...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
(12-Jun-2017, 23:18)mdconnelly Wrote:
(12-Jun-2017, 19:18)baconbrain Wrote:

Hi Mdconnelly,

To be totally candid, I've been using TWL power cords and interconnects for quite a few  years - well before my first Devialet Expert.   I've had a few components that showed no difference in power cords and others that changed significantly.  To my ears, the Devialet Expert does respond quite well to any improvements in power source.   With the TWL HPDA power cord, I find that bass gets tighter & more well defined, the background gets quieter allowing voices and instruments to be better defined in the sound stage and top end improves a bit in delicacy removing any last vestiges of a digital edge.   Now, to put that in context, we're NOT talking night and day, OMG improvements.  Changes are subtle but definitely move the dial toward "musical" (as opposed to analytical or highly detailed).  I did use the stock cords on my 440 Pro for awhile before ordering the HPDA cords so I feel I had ample time to be able to discern the improvements.

Pete Grzybowski owns and runs Triode Wire Labs - great guy who will do right by you.   I know he's sold a number of his power cords to Devialet owners.   Drop him a note (his contact info is on his website - triodewirelabs.com).   You can also now find a number of excellent reviews of his cables.  He also offers a 30-day eval period.

Just a happy customer here...

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback.

Think I will put this on the back burner for now. Not that I am no longer interested in the product, but more my low motivation at the moment to break my system down and swap out the cables. Angel
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Thanks for the feedback.

One last question, will the digital american power cord also give good results with traditional AB class amplifier?, ¿has anyone tried it?
(14-Jun-2017, 11:43)NGNG Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

One last question, will the digital american power cord also give good results with traditional AB class amplifier?, ¿has anyone tried it?

Good question.   I had used a TWL 7+ on my McCormack DNA-500 a few years back but not the DA power cords.   I'd touch base with Pete at TWL to see what he says.
Durham, NC USA