Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nativsound
LOL

Thanks Hifi_swlon, keep us posted when you discover these new streamers.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(22-Jun-2017, 10:37)ledesc Wrote: LOL

Thanks Hifi_swlon, keep us posted when you discover these new streamers.

Ah well, yes, maybe that comment was a bit optimistic, but it does feel like streamers are the flavour of the month so I'm sure there will be lots more. No doubt also with inputs for master clock, external PSU, and offloaded upsampling - because of course these days we all need those externally, and at greater cost than the streamers themselves, otherwise the damn things just don't sound any good. There's always a way you can make data 'more real'.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(21-Jun-2017, 21:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I've got a feeling some more reasonably priced streamers with AES output will be along soon, but I'm happy in the knowledge that I won't need one thanks to the new streamer board. Must be any day now? Tongue

Oh so close .......

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...7#pid62807
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Has somebody experience with the nativ vita - who has bought it ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
I like its design a lot but I did not find any real reviews about sound quality. I go an email that they offer a free upgrade to 4 TB today.
I am first waiting for the core upgrade and how to use it best before thinking about any server!
I have one that i'm feeding to my Phantom Gold. The device is quite premium and I like the design of it. The team is very responsive to community requests for enhancements and is quick to turn around firmware updates for bugs, etc.

Case in point...Release Notes From Firmware 1.2.0 (Released Oct 3)
https://www.nativsound.com/en/software/s...elease-120

Right now I'm feeding Apple Music, Spotify and Local NAS UPNP (via Roon/Minimserver/Synology) through it. I was using Tidal as well but I tired of their terrible catalog and playlists.

I would highly recommend it as a 1 box streamer and might I add it's the only one (other than Sonos Connect) that offers Apple Music.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
They're also working on a control app (iOS) which in my opinion looks to be one of the best UX's on the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSpZypr2...e=youtu.be

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(07-Oct-2017, 20:09)adhesiv Wrote: I have one that i'm feeding to my Phantom Gold. The device is quite premium and I like the design of it. The team is very responsive to community requests for enhancements and is quick to turn around firmware updates for bugs, etc.

Case in point...Release Notes From Firmware 1.2.0 (Released Oct 3)
https://www.nativsound.com/en/software/s...elease-120

Right now I'm feeding Apple Music, Spotify and Local NAS UPNP (via Roon/Minimserver/Synology) through it. I was using Tidal as well but I tired of their terrible catalog and playlists.

I would highly recommend it as a 1 box streamer and might I add it's the only one (other than Sonos Connect) that offers Apple Music.

How did you connect it to your Phantoms ? I have Phantoms and an Expert Pro - How would you connect them ?

It´s a lot of money for the benefit to get Apple Music - which I can stream via AirPlay too to the Phantoms.

So I´like the device, but have problems to recognize the real benefit in comparison to a ROON+Mac Mini system controlled by an iPad/iPhone. Even if I´am using ROON.

Thanks !
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana