Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Next gen?
(31-Oct-2017, 14:02)midi Wrote: First day with some KEF LS50 wireless in direct comparison with two White Phantoms (after the power update).

For me it seems that the KEF´s were hyped in all reviews. They are good, but in a direct comparison I see no need to change my Phantoms (both systems have the same good or bad conditions). The Phantoms have a much bigger stage and the instruments are much more separated and airy. I am really surprised because in all disciplines in which the KEF´s should be so great, I can not confirm this in a direct comparison. If you would ask me, what is closer to a "Boombox" (swearword) I would say the KEFs. The mids are good - ok, but not as far away as you can read it. The software is (also) horrible (yes, also in comparison to Spark). The first connection was difficult, I get always the message, that the track is incompatible, a few seconds later it´s playing the track ...

If the Golden ones are even better, the result is even clearer for me (this was also the meaning of my dealer, who is selling both KEF´s and Phantoms).

Thanks for the insight! That's really valuable info.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage