Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converter: analog to digital
Hi,
I'm looking for an analog to digital audio converter to connect a pioneer mixer (DJM 800) with RCA output to the optical input (toslink) of my gold phantom. Can you give me converter names without loss of sound level? I tried this converter but the sound of the phantom was very low at the maximum volume.
Thank you for your answers.
You could try the RME ADI-2, it has adjustable input gain. On the other hand, the DJM 800 has adjustable output gain, have you tried to crank it up?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Yes, and at that moment you hear a breath (like a white noize) coming out of the phantom. Are there smaller and less expansive audio converter, easily concealed behind the phantom?
(18-Jun-2017, 19:41)Arthur Trebor Wrote: Yes, and at that moment you hear a breath (like a white noize) coming out of the phantom. Are there smaller and less expansive audio converter, easily concealed behind the phantom?

I have one from CYP, CYP AU D4. Works like a charm. Was about USD 100 or less (bought it two years ago)
Thank you Curban:
The amplification of the CYP is sufficient to connect directly an iphone for example?
I had the CYP AU D4 before the ADI-2 and the gain is quite a bit lower than the ADI-2. It also destorts the way you describe your current ADC does when getting a strong input signal.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I used this very successfully with my Phantoms and it is still for sale!
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3891
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
I'm using the same Portta RCA with Toslink (Cinnamon) to my Phantom.
It's connected to the PC and powered with 5v.

No problems - it works perfect.
Indeed, the portta works well.
My problem was to no longer use spark with toslink so you still have to use the spark application to adjust the sound level of the phantom, otherwise the sound was very weak.
(19-Jun-2017, 15:42)Arthur Trebor Wrote: Indeed, the portta works well.
My problem was to no longer use spark with toslink so you still have to use the spark application to adjust the sound level of the phantom, otherwise the sound was very weak.

I use the Devialet remote to control the Phantom and it works.