Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Networking Problems
Somebody please help me in a laymans way so i can understand, i'm not the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to computers.
My current system is,Devialet LE400, Melco N1A,Meridian G08:2 cdp. Kef ref 203mk 2's
My problem's are getting the Melco working via the direct connection from the Melco to the 400's along with a suitable program to control it all from my ipad pro.
Currently i've have miss mash of things, i've got Minimserve on to the Melco, this sits in the background rarely showing on the network, i purchased an Apple AirPort express and got wifi along with ethernet to the 400's. 
To run all this i'm using JRiver on my I7 4core laptop, but cannot get either Roon or Tidal to run all together, i can turn off jriver and rune roon/tidal but nothing from the Melco.
Ideally i would like to run everything being controlled using my ipad and leave the laptop out of the equation.

So this is my dilemma , if any kind hearted person could point me where i'm going wrong, any advice, ideas will all be welcome.
Thanks for reading this and you time given
Simon
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Hi,

From your entry it's not clear but you have to connect your Melco to the D400 by USB. Ethernet/network connection from your Melco will not work (no Devialet Air driver).

Second to play Tidal/Qobuz you have to upgrade to Melco version 3.50. I run Qobuz using that version without a glitch.  

I use the Lumin app on my iPad, actually only missing tagged lyrics, but very nice otherwise.

I also run Mimimserver at my Melco, disable Twonky as described on the Mimimserver support side.

Last give you're Melco an IP address in your LAN subnet to have your Melco being accessible by Lumin.

Described set-up works as  a charm in my situation (i've a N1 instead of a NA)

Success
Hello, the following Constellation works with me wonderful! Melco connected via USB with 220 pro. Devialet with LAN cable connected to the Router. Operation via iPad pro with Lumin or Kazoo works without problems! For a week I use TIDAl, good! Smile
Devialet: FW 10.1
Melco: FW 3.50 (Controller Mode 1 only)
Lumin: FW 6.0.9
Kazoo: FW 4.11.228
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thank you for you kind replies, soon as i have a chance i'll put all to the test.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Thank you for your help, all now working ok