Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound quality Bluesound Node 2, connected with Devialet D200
I have a Bluesound Node 2, which is connected to my Devialet 200 in three ways: 1) coax 2) analog out (to gain advantage of the final step of MQA processing via the Node 2 DAC,) and 3) via Roon/Devialet AIR. I have to say that the the analog out on MQA files is very good. Of course, it's ultimately going through the Devialet DAC but as many on this forum know the Devialet's DAC processing takes advantage of any superior incoming stream.

So how does the Bluesound Node 2 SQ (analog out on MQA) compare with Roon/Air (MQA, except for final unfold in DAC). In my book, very favorably. If I am doing critical listening, however, I'll opt for the Roon/Air combo, both for SQ and the GUI.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
As mentioned in an earlier post - I was a happy user of Bluesound Node 2, (due to problems with Devialet Air) as a means of connection to my Devialet.  However, I have since installing Roon Air (Ethernet) - I have to say that the SQ is better than the Bluesound Node 2 - more detail and more impactful.  It makes me wonder whether my earlier assessment was coloured somewhat with the problems I was having with Devialet Air.
I'm quite satisfied with the Roon/Air combination.
Air without Roon has a more prominent bass, which can be an advantage with some records, but on the whole sounds a bit unnatural for me. 
Since then I haven't looked back at my Node 2.
living room: Rega Planar3 with Ortofon 2M Bronze - Naim CD5 (Naim DIN cable) - Sony UBP-X800 (Audioquest Forest) - Nakamichi BX300-E
Devialet D200 - Devialet AIR with Roon
Audiovector SR3 Avantgarde Arreté (Supra Ply 3.4S) - Dynaudio Contour 1.1 mk2
study: JRiver - Windows PC - Roon - Audeze Deckard - Focal Elear