Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound quality Bluesound Node 2, connected with Devialet D200
This afternoon I could borrow my wife’s laptop for a few hours to check the performance of AIR.
It was very satisfying. The Bluesound was no competition. Some minutes were enough to show that AIR sounds far better.
The rest of my time I’ve spent doing some A/B between the CD5 and Air.
Both sound very fine to my ears, but their sound is different. Maybe the CD5 has a bit more finesse and AIR is a bit more robust (sometimes a little more bass). Anyway, both sound glorious.

Next step will be buying a simple laptop and installing AIR on it.

Thank you all, for encouraging me to try out AIR.
living room: Rega Planar3 with Ortofon 2M Bronze - Naim CD5 (Naim DIN cable) - Sony UBP-X800 (Audioquest Forest) - Nakamichi BX300-E
Devialet D200 - Devialet AIR with Roon
Audiovector SR3 Avantgarde Arreté (Supra Ply 3.4S) - Dynaudio Contour 1.1 mk2
study: JRiver - Windows PC - Roon - Audeze Deckard - Focal Elear
Before buying a new laptop , check microrendu or sms200 ultra, 2 devices of the same price as a new laptop and should give you very very good sound according to experts in this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20-Jun-2017, 20:49)samsoum Wrote: Before buying a new laptop , check microrendu or sms200 ultra, 2 devices of the same price as a new laptop and should give you very very good sound according to experts in this forum!

Do these devices have an app ? So I can choose and play my music with my tablet.
What's the difference with a streamer ?
I've just read some about them, but can't grasp what they are like.
living room: Rega Planar3 with Ortofon 2M Bronze - Naim CD5 (Naim DIN cable) - Sony UBP-X800 (Audioquest Forest) - Nakamichi BX300-E
(20-Jun-2017, 21:45)Lowland Wrote:
(20-Jun-2017, 20:49)samsoum Wrote: Before buying a new laptop , check microrendu or sms200 ultra, 2 devices of the same price as a new laptop and should give you very very good sound according to experts in this forum!

Do these devices have an app ? So I can choose and play my music with my tablet.
What's the difference with a streamer ?
I've just read some about them, but can't grasp what they are like.

I can totally recommend using Roon. https://roonlabs.com/.

It works great with Devialet AIR, microRendu, SMS200, etc. You can control Roon from your tablet or mobile phone.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I have been playing with a Node 2 connected to some Dynaudio Xeo 2 speaks for an office set up. The optical connection with the Xeos sounds terrible and the analog sounds amazing (particularly with the Tidal MQA tracks). The Node 2 hooked up to my home system analog/MQA sounds amazing too. I have been waiting to get a expert pro 220 when they start shipping the streamer board (out of patience with this company). Love to check out the Node 2 running analog connection to a 220.
(22-Jun-2017, 17:47)Netz Wrote: I have been playing with a Node 2 connected to some Dynaudio Xeo 2 speaks for an office set up. The optical connection with the Xeos sounds terrible and the analog sounds amazing (particularly with the Tidal MQA tracks). The Node 2 hooked up to my home system analog/MQA sounds amazing too. I have been waiting to get a expert pro 220 when they start shipping the streamer board (out of patience with this company). Love to check out the Node 2 running analog connection to a 220.

Good to hear this. My Node 2 analog connected sounded even worse than with a digital connection. Maybe it's a matter of cables. Mine is a ordinary RCA cable. What cable did you use ?
Let me know what the outcome of your analog connected Node 2 with D220 will be, please.
Today I’ve found out that I don’t need a wifi connected laptop in the living room to use AIR.
I can also run AIR on my PC in the study and play music with JRiver. Study and living room are not that far apart.
With Gizmo (freeware app) I even can control selecting and playing of music in the living room. It’s very rudimentary, but as a workaround it’s ok for now. Maybe JRemote is a better app to do the same thing.
(22-Jun-2017, 18:46)Lowland Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 17:47)Netz Wrote: I have been playing with a Node 2 connected to some Dynaudio Xeo 2 speaks for an office set up. The optical connection with the Xeos sounds terrible and the analog sounds amazing (particularly with the Tidal MQA tracks). The Node 2 hooked up to my home system analog/MQA sounds amazing too. I have been waiting to get a expert pro 220 when they start shipping the streamer board (out of patience with this company). Love to check out the Node 2 running analog connection to a 220.

Good to hear this. My Node 2 analog connected sounded even worse than with a digital connection. Maybe it's a matter of cables. Mine is a ordinary RCA cable. What cable did you use ?
Let me know what the outcome of your analog connected Node 2 with D220 will be, please.

Using (don't laugh) Monster RCA cables. Not sure which one.
(22-Jun-2017, 19:59)Netz Wrote: Using (don't laugh) Monster RCA cables. Not sure which one.

Hi Netz,

Have you already found out how your analog connection between the node 2 and dev 220 sounds ?
(28-Jul-2017, 10:59)Lowland Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 19:59)Netz Wrote: Using (don't laugh) Monster RCA cables. Not sure which one.

Hi Netz,

Have you already found out how your analog connection between the node 2 and dev 220 sounds ?

Not yet. Gonna get some new RCA and optical cables to play with. The closest Dev dealer is 3 hours away. He has a 440 hooked up to Focal Aria 936s. Will hopefully make it down there soon and hook up the Node 2.