Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Firmware updates
The "Live on Phantom" seems like a really exciting feature. First three concerts on 2-4. July.
Live on Phantom: The Evian Musical Encounters
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
A bit more on Bluetooth: now that it works again, performance is indeed vastly improved! Much much better range for starters, kind of a day and night difference. Nice job!
Agreed, adding to this thread. The Bluetooth improvements are drastic. I've experienced much better range and also absolutely ZERO crackling or skipping in the audio like I used to hear (especially on bass heavy content). This is a very excellent improvement.
On my Surface Book also the Phantom shows as 'Speakers' rather than 'Headphones' now, I'm not sure what exactly that means other than just the way devices recognize the Phantoms but to my ears the audio sounds a little clearer. Or maybe I'm just used to hearing it crackle all the time when I occasionally use Bluetooth.
I can now stream Tidal directly from Spark to my Phantom Gold! (No dialog) therefore no more airplay crackle!!!!! Smile))
Hi all.
Just joined and I thought I'd put forward my experience of the latest firmware update.
It seems that several members have issues with a buzzing from their Phantoms when up close.
This latest update seems to have eliminated my buzzing but at the same time slightly increased the temperature of the Phantoms.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Hi!
I had huge issues with connectivity and stability for previous version. Basically, me setup was no longer working. I have Fiber coming into the house in the library closed to the front door, and connected to this is my Router provided by the operator (Telia in Sweden). Since the Dialogue, for some strange reason, needs to have a wired internet connection, it is plaxed closed to the router in the library. Speakers are placed in the corner of the combined dining and living are, so basically all three pieces of the puzzle are connected to separate power outlets.

Since the latest update, I have not been able to use this setup, PLC was chosen as the connection, but barely worked. Not much help from Devialet support, basically they suggested to use an Apple Airport Express, and connect all three devices to the same power circuit. Or, it might help with a software update, but they had no specific inout that my issue would be on the fixed list.

However, since updating, everything seems to work without issues. So, something improving PLC performance must have been done.
/Ola
I started getting connectivity issues *after* this update. I was running my golds on 5GHz WiFi before the update without any problems as I have the dialog and router in another part of the apartment and do NOT want more cables from there. After the update one of the golds *insists* of going over to PLC and the other one to WiFi, even though they are in the same power outlet. When they are like this, only the one that is on WiFi works, the other one is silent >_<

Scenario above is with spotify connect. If I however tell it so use bluetooth instead, then both phantoms work fine. After a while they both go over to WiFi and works fine again. I would *very* much like to see an option where I could force what they should use and not let it decide on it's own what it think is the best option. And I don't want another router there.
(05-Jul-2017, 08:58)Deezel Wrote: I started getting connectivity issues *after* this update. I was running my golds on 5GHz WiFi before the update without any problems as I have the dialog and router in another part of the apartment and do NOT want more cables from there. After the update one of the golds *insists* of going over to PLC and the other one to WiFi, even though they are in the same power outlet. When they are like this, only the one that is on WiFi works, the other one is silent >_<

Scenario above is with spotify connect. If I however tell it so use bluetooth instead, then both phantoms work fine. After a while they both go over to WiFi and works fine again. I would *very* much like to see an option where I could force what they should use and not let it decide on it's own what it think is the best option. And I don't want another router there.

strange, just checked, after the upgrade, one of mine (left) silver is also on PLC, the other is on WiFi, they both work though. I also mentioned the lack of being able to select connectivity to their support.
/Ola
(26-Jun-2017, 21:04)curban Wrote:
(26-Jun-2017, 20:35)suur13 Wrote: Installed new Spark - 1.10.0.1 and in Windows (W10 64bit) GUI some letters are missing. All OK on iPhone with 1.10.0.

Same experience as SUUR13. Some letters, randomly, missing. IOS version ok.

Today came new version of Spark - but letters missing issue still there on Windows 10 !
Good golly... today new update 1.11.0 and the Windows 10 font issue (random letters missing from every word) is still not fixed. It has been 3 months and 2 updates now !