Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sung's bi-amping system
(01-Jul-2017, 16:41)Waiski Wrote: Confused's way is correct. It also needs to be master and slave configuration. I'm biamping with 2 X 250 Pro with no problems.

Would you please let me know your configuration and cable connection?
Do you connect left woofer and tweeter to master and right(w and t) to slave?
Or left w and right w to master and left t and right t to slave?
(02-Jul-2017, 11:50)Sung Wrote:
(01-Jul-2017, 16:41)Waiski Wrote: Confused's way is correct. It also needs to be master and slave configuration. I'm biamping with 2 X 250 Pro with no problems.

Those are two quite different configurations.

Connecting left woofer/tweeter to the master and right to the slave is the so-called "dual-mono" configuration and is the way Devialet normally intend the master/slave combination to work.  For that set-up, you must select "mono" when configuring the speaker outputs for both the master and slave.

Connecting the L/R woofers to one amp and the L/R tweeters to the other is the bi-amping configuration.  Although I haven't used my 440 in that mode I expect you should configure the speakers in both amplifiers to stereo, and then use the filter settings to low-pass filter the speaker outputs on the master (driving both woofers) and high-pass filter the speaker outputs on the slave (driving the tweeters).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I do it this way. I use Devialet also as digital crossover.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-Jul-2017, 12:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(02-Jul-2017, 11:50)Sung Wrote:

Those are two quite different configurations.

Connecting left woofer/tweeter to the master and right to the slave is the so-called "dual-mono" configuration and is the way Devialet normally intend the master/slave combination to work.  For that set-up, you must select "mono" when configuring the speaker outputs for both the master and slave.

Connecting the L/R woofers to one amp and the L/R tweeters to the other is the bi-amping configuration.  Although I haven't used my 440 in that mode I expect you should configure the speakers in both amplifiers to stereo, and then use the filter settings to low-pass filter the speaker outputs on the master (driving both woofers) and high-pass filter the speaker outputs on the slave (driving the tweeters).

I am very sorry for not saying my exact wish of bi amping my system.
Let me explain what I want to do as follows,
1) I will use passive filter of my 800D3, So no filter setting needed inside Devialet.
2) master and slave each should be configured to stereo
3) as above mentioned there are two way of connecting speaker cable 
    a: master : LW and RW, slave : LT and RT
    b: master : LW and LT , slave : RW and RT
Quote:I am very sorry for not saying my exact wish of bi amping my system.
1) I will use passive filter of my 800D3, So no filter setting needed inside Devialet.

Look my configuration. Just leave the filtering settings to full range. I would set the system so that one amp is for left speaker and other is to right.
(02-Jul-2017, 12:30)Waiski Wrote:

Look my configuration. Just leave the filtering settings to full range. I would set the system so that one amp is for left speaker and other is to right.

Thank you so much for your kind help.
You show configuration which I did the same before except the digital cable ( my case rca-rca ).
Problem was only left speaker (master) sounding and no sound from right channel. Even no synchronization between master and slave.
So now I return to original configuration of dual mono mode as before for listening music.
(02-Jul-2017, 13:14)Sung Wrote:
(02-Jul-2017, 12:30)Waiski Wrote:

Thank you so much for your kind help.
You show configuration which I did the same before except the digital cable ( my case rca-rca ).
Problem was only left speaker (master) sounding and no sound from right channel. Even no synchronization between master and slave.
So now I return to original configuration of dual mono mode as before for listening music.

Hmmm... odd...

The problem must be in the config or how you upload the config.
(01-Jul-2017, 02:51)Sung Wrote:
(30-Jun-2017, 07:39)Confused Wrote: It looks to me like you are having a problem either loading firmware or the configurations.  If something is going wrong with firmware at this first stage, then clearly you will have problems trying to swap between dual mono and bi-amp.  

Also, it might help is you advise some details of your computer you are using to make the SD cards, are you using Mac or PC, what Internet browser are you using, and so on.

I have some initial thoughts as to what might be problematic.  Firstly, you can load the firmware and configurations in separate stages and via separate SD cards.  The method of loading firmware and configurations is slightly different.  To understand this and get clarity on what is happening I suggest that you load the firmware and configurations in separate stages via separate SD cards, by doing this you will observe what is working or not, step by step.  Lets say you are just trying to get the same firmware loaded on both machines.  You can make an SD card with the just the firmware, to do this the SD card needs to be unlocked to write to it.  When you load the firmware into the Devialet, you need to lock the card.  Otherwise the Devialet will write a file to the SD card, this is to stop the Devialet re-loading the firmware every time you use the amp.  By locking the card, the file is not written, so you can use this same SD card to load the firmware into each of your Devialet's.  Once you have both amps on the same firmware, you can then start trying different configurations, using separate SD cards with just the configuration for each amp loaded, so the firmware remains unchanged once it is correct.  If you still have problems loading firmware and configurations step by step, you can then at least let the forum know at which step it is going wrong, this will make it easier for the specific issue to be isolated.  My guess is that if you take it slowly, step by step by step, suddenly this will all make sense.  Also, on some Devialet models higher capacity SD cards have been problematic, 4GB cards always work, and there have been reports of higher capacity cards being OK on the Pro models, just a thought, maybe you are running very high capacity cards?  One point to note, recently Oxford Audio have been experimenting with bi-amp Devialet set ups.  They work, and they are running the latest firmware.  So you should be able to get this up and running.  Good luck!

I am using latest version of Desktop PC, window 10, chrome browser.
As you may know whenever upgrading firmware of SD card without changing configuration, just download the latest version of fw to SD card following the steps as instructed by Devialet. Configuration also not a difficult job to do. But problem is no stable result.

There are two SD cards for master and slave. Downloading firmware(fw) and config file of master on master SD card, and downloading the same fw and config file on slave SD card. That's it. No difficult job to do but no expected result. This is the problem! This is why I am saying unstable latest firmware of v 10.1.0.

Reading back over the thread, it sounds like you are using the same configuration file on the Master and the Slave. Perhaps I've misunderstood, but it might be the reason why you are getting sound from the Master (left channel) but not from the Slave (right channel).
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(03-Jul-2017, 01:45)Axel Wrote:
(01-Jul-2017, 02:51)Sung Wrote:
(30-Jun-2017, 07:39)Confused Wrote: It looks to me like you are having a problem either loading firmware or the configurations.  If something is going wrong with firmware at this first stage, then clearly you will have problems trying to swap between dual mono and bi-amp.  

Also, it might help is you advise some details of your computer you are using to make the SD cards, are you using Mac or PC, what Internet browser are you using, and so on.

I have some initial thoughts as to what might be problematic.  Firstly, you can load the firmware and configurations in separate stages and via separate SD cards.  The method of loading firmware and configurations is slightly different.  To understand this and get clarity on what is happening I suggest that you load the firmware and configurations in separate stages via separate SD cards, by doing this you will observe what is working or not, step by step.  Lets say you are just trying to get the same firmware loaded on both machines.  You can make an SD card with the just the firmware, to do this the SD card needs to be unlocked to write to it.  When you load the firmware into the Devialet, you need to lock the card.  Otherwise the Devialet will write a file to the SD card, this is to stop the Devialet re-loading the firmware every time you use the amp.  By locking the card, the file is not written, so you can use this same SD card to load the firmware into each of your Devialet's.  Once you have both amps on the same firmware, you can then start trying different configurations, using separate SD cards with just the configuration for each amp loaded, so the firmware remains unchanged once it is correct.  If you still have problems loading firmware and configurations step by step, you can then at least let the forum know at which step it is going wrong, this will make it easier for the specific issue to be isolated.  My guess is that if you take it slowly, step by step by step, suddenly this will all make sense.  Also, on some Devialet models higher capacity SD cards have been problematic, 4GB cards always work, and there have been reports of higher capacity cards being OK on the Pro models, just a thought, maybe you are running very high capacity cards?  One point to note, recently Oxford Audio have been experimenting with bi-amp Devialet set ups.  They work, and they are running the latest firmware.  So you should be able to get this up and running.  Good luck!

I am using latest version of Desktop PC, window 10, chrome browser.
As you may know whenever upgrading firmware of SD card without changing configuration, just download the latest version of fw to SD card following the steps as instructed by Devialet. Configuration also not a difficult job to do. But problem is no stable result.

There are two SD cards for master and slave. Downloading firmware(fw) and config file of master on master SD card, and downloading the same fw and config file on slave SD card. That's it. No difficult job to do but no expected result. This is the problem! This is why I am saying unstable latest firmware of v 10.1.0.

Reading back over the thread, it sounds like you are using the same configuration file on the Master and the Slave. Perhaps I've misunderstood, but it might be the reason why you are getting sound from the Master (left channel) but not from the Slave (right channel).

and downloading the same fw and config file "of slave" on slave SD card. Sorry, I missed the word "of slave".
(03-Jul-2017, 04:06)Sung Wrote:
(03-Jul-2017, 01:45)Axel Wrote:
(01-Jul-2017, 02:51)Sung Wrote: I am using latest version of Desktop PC, window 10, chrome browser.

and downloading the same fw and config file "of slave" on slave SD card. Sorry, I missed the word "of slave".

Yes, I didn't think you'd made a mistake with your files, but it was worth checking. 
Sorry you didn't get the bi-amping mode to work.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England