Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier firmware
Hi guys

Can someone let me know what is the latest firmware for the D Premier?

Thanks!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi Guillaume,

I don't think there is such a thing. Firmware is the same for all models. Or do you mean what was the latest firmware released before the Expert series came out?

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
(01-Jul-2017, 15:44)zdenes Wrote: Hi Guillaume,

I don't think there is such a thing. Firmware is the same for all models. Or do you mean what was the latest firmware released before the Expert series came out?

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan, actually this answers my question. I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
It is a very valid question, though. I think I mentioned when we met that Devilet, apart from bug fixes and occasional extra features, optimises the power supply algorithm in firmware updates. Since the power supply is different in the D-Premier, the Expert and the Pro, the optimisation is probably tailored for the latest hardware, in this case, the Pro. I'm wondering if it might actually make earlier hardware versions 'less optimal' than before.

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500