Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iphone iOS app won't stay connected to 220 pro
(05-Jul-2017, 11:35)K4680 Wrote: Hello, install the app "Fing" from the App Store. With Fing one sees whether the Devialet connection with LAN or WiFi has and the IP's!

OK, I did that (nice app that BTW) The devialet is connected to the wifi network. I checked on my laptop on the Air setting, Air also reports it's connected. WIFI signal -41dbm.

Still the same problem on the iphone. It connects and I can see the volume setting, but only for about 10 seconds, then it loses connection again.
Huh Huh
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(05-Jul-2017, 19:51)disarmamant Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 11:35)K4680 Wrote: Hello, install the app "Fing" from the App Store. With Fing one sees whether the Devialet connection with LAN or WiFi has and the IP's!

OK, I did that (nice app that BTW) The devialet is connected to the wifi network. I checked on my laptop on the Air setting, Air also reports it's connected. WIFI signal -41dbm.

Still the same problem on the iphone. It connects and I can see the volume setting, but only for about 10 seconds, then it loses connection again.
Huh Huh

Which iPhone and firmware is used?
Do you run multiple WiFi access points?
Have you enabled access to unknown devices in your router?
Otherwise there was no other idea !!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I now have AIR working and streaming Qobuz with my laptop connected by ethernet to the router and the Devialet connected by WiFi to the router. So I guess the issue with the iphone is with the phone itself.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(05-Jul-2017, 20:06)K4680 Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 19:51)disarmamant Wrote:

Huh Huh

"Which iPhone and firmware is used?"

Iphone 5 - Version 10.3.2, Modem firmware 7.60.00

"Do you run multiple WiFi access points?"

No - single WiFi

"Have you enabled access to unknown devices in your router? "

No - My iphone is connected to the same WiFi network as the Devialet. I use WiFi on the iPhone without any issue.

"Otherwise there was no other idea !!"

Thanks for your help! - I'm sure it's just another quirk of Apple products Dodgy
Try deleting the Devialet application from the iPhone and re-installing. It should not make any difference, but then again who knows. No reason the application should not be working on your iPhone.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(05-Jul-2017, 22:30)disarmamant Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 20:06)K4680 Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 19:51)disarmamant Wrote: OK, I did that (nice app that BTW) The devialet is connected to the wifi network. I checked on my laptop on the Air setting, Air also reports it's connected. WIFI signal -41dbm.

Huh Huh

"Which iPhone and firmware is used?"

No - single WiFi

No - My iphone is connected to the same WiFi network as the Devialet. I use WiFi on the iPhone without any issue.

Thanks for your help! - I'm sure it's just another quirk of Apple products Dodgy

Hello, I have just installed on an iPhone 5 the Devialet app to use the Devialet! App opens briefly and then closes again! Looks like the app has problems with older iPhones ?? Sad Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Jul-2017, 10:51)K4680 Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 22:30)disarmamant Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 20:06)K4680 Wrote: "Which iPhone and firmware is used?"

No - single WiFi

Hello, I have just installed on an iPhone 5 the Devialet app to use the Devialet! App opens briefly and then closes again! Looks like the app has problems with older iPhones ?? Sad  Sad
I run the Devialet app on an old iPhone 3 so nothing to do with the age of the phone!!!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK