Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix USB interface
Not my find, but in the comments of the CA article on Ravenna/Merging, that guy that experiments with all the interfaces (rednet, singxer, and now his own vastly superior sub $1,500 DIY setup apparently) mentions this product that 'reliable sources' say is really promising.

http://store.matrix-digi.com/index.php?r...duct_id=65

It has AES and is $379!

I have to say I'll look out for more info and keep watch on it. Since I've just bought a digiOne and the streamerboard is due I'll wait for the brave new adopters first, but the sentiment seemed clear - there's lots of new tech appearing that is better/cheaper than what came before.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Interesting; I was looking at the older version of that a little while back..  When I asked the US distributor about sourcing in the UK, I was told you can buy them (in USD) directly from the company in China, with free shipping.  So it looks like good value for money.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Apart from AES/EBU it is not clear if the others are outputs or inputs. (I suppose at least one is an input.) No manual to download, neither any indication of output sampling rates or anything else. It is hard to imagine that it is in the same league as the Mutec.

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
The X-SPDIF 2 manual is here [PDF].

AES, co-ax and optical are all outputs; USB is the input.

I must say it is a lot less obtrusive/distracting than a Mutec!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
So up to 768 PCM and 512 DSD (256 by DoP). Numbers that are of course pretty irrelevant to Devialet since it's stuck at 192/DSD64 (if you're lucky).

Singxer are apparently working on a new model to superceed tye SU-1/F-1.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<