Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with Devialet Chief in German hi-fi magazine "
Now you know where to go Undecided
Sadly only in German!

Attached Files
.pdf   PDF Document 001.pdf (Size: 600.91 KB / Downloads: 2,955)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Jul-2017, 11:23)K4680 Wrote: Now you know where to go Undecided

Do you mind summarising the key take away points? I don't speak or read German.

Thanks

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(06-Jul-2017, 11:25)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Thanks

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume, maybe on the weekend I translate the important points! Smile
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Jul-2017, 11:30)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 11:25)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Thanks

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume, maybe on the weekend I translate the important points!  Smile

Hello Guillaume, on the fast! Writing style and translation maybe not quite pure! Sad

Attached Files
.pdf   THE PHANTOM IS THE FIRST TIME FOR US.pdf (Size: 49.28 KB / Downloads: 188)
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Jul-2017, 12:27)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 11:30)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 11:25)GuillaumeB Wrote: Do you mind summarising the key take away points? I don't speak or read German.

Thanks

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume, maybe on the weekend I translate the important points!  Smile

Hello Guillaume, on the fast! Writing style and translation maybe not quite pure! Sad

Wonderful! thank you  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(06-Jul-2017, 12:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 12:27)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 11:30)K4680 Wrote: Hello Guillaume, maybe on the weekend I translate the important points!  Smile

Guillaume

With pleasure!
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Jul-2017, 12:52)K4680 Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 12:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 12:27)K4680 Wrote: Hello Guillaume, on the fast! Writing style and translation maybe not quite pure! Sad

Guillaume

With pleasure!
Thanks, K4680.
Thanks for sharing, K4680, very interesting! Here is a very short summary from my end:

The article does not make any reference to the Expert range, it's all about the various technologies including ADH and SAM and how Devialet is seeking to bring these to a wider audience. Mention is made of only 3% of audio sales being HiFi in nature and that all the rest is sound bars and other consumer audio. With these new technologies and the hiring of another 60 engineers it seems they wish to access the broader market. This was the subject of another thread on the forum in which there was some fear that Devialet would drop the Expert. In this case, the Phantom and it's features and specs were showcased.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
The Expert range and now the Pro models is Devialet's High End alibi. I think they tried to place Phantom gold in this position, but that failed. Keeping Pro models 'on top' is therefore important to Devialet. When the company makes loads of money on products in the 97% segment I suspect we will see a different attitude towards Expert and Pro models.

On the other hand this depends on how the enthusiasm for the old models live with the founders. Calmel and the other three (or four) have put a lot into creating the D-Premier and improving it. If the company makes a lot of money, maybe the Devialet amps will continue "because we can"..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(12-Jul-2017, 08:30)ogs Wrote: The Expert range and now the Pro models is Devialet's High End alibi. I think they tried to place Phantom gold in this position, but that failed. Keeping Pro models 'on top'  is therefore important to Devialet. When the company makes loads of money on products in the 97% segment I suspect we will see a different attitude towards Expert and Pro models.

On the other hand this depends on how the enthusiasm for the old models live with the founders. Calmel and the other three (or four) have put a lot into creating the D-Premier and improving it. If the company makes a lot of money, maybe the Devialet amps will continue "because we can"..

I'm sure that as long as they can charge 30 grand or so for a couple of slabs of aluminium with some electronics in them they will keep selling the Expert range. There's money in volume but there's more money in luxury.

Bernard Arnault said it himself. (see quote below) I don't think he would be investing in Devialet if they were only into the mass market.

http://www.azquotes.com/quote/722081
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.