Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICM and Subsonic.
I´ve an idea about Subsonic festures, but none about ICM.
I´m turning off all doesn´t improve performance or reliability on the Dev.
Someone could tell me something about the misterious ( for me ) ICM?
Thanks.
ICM - Intelligent Cinema Mode.

I imagine this "might" be useful if you are using your Devialet for your home theater system. However I have not used it, as I use my Devialet for music playback only. And I have not heard a lot of details about its usage. Maybe someone else knows?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I think it's intended to boost dialogue in movies. It's easy enough to enable with the remote and certainly does make speech more intelligible when watching not only films, but TV in general. It seems to be more than a simple mid range boost though. Having tried it a couple of times, it remains turned off on my system.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks to both of you.
It´s clarified. I use the amp for music playback only.
Someone told me that Subsonic is suposed to increase the lower freqs., usefull when listening with very low volume, so i can keep both turned off.
(08-Jul-2017, 19:42)BoyScout Wrote: Thanks to both of you.
Someone told me that Subsonic is suposed to increase the lower freqs., usefull when listening with very low volume, so i can keep both turned off.

No subsonic does exactly the contrary.

It cuts the very low frequencies, supposedly under 20Hz, however its roll off aspect affects frequencies a bit higher.

This is useful if you are listening to a warped vinyl, that way it would avoid your woofers to be slowly beating.

If you are only listening to digital sources that are correctly mastered it should not be very useful for you.

both ICM and Subsonic are permanently off in my system.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(08-Jul-2017, 20:27)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(08-Jul-2017, 19:42)BoyScout Wrote: Thanks to both of you.

No subsonic does exactly the contrary.

It cuts the very low frequencies, supposedly under 20Hz, however its roll off aspect affects frequencies a bit higher.

This is useful if you are listening to a warped vinyl, that way it would avoid your woofers to be slowly beating.

If you are only listening to digital sources that are correctly mastered it should not be very useful for you.

both ICM and Subsonic are permanently off in my system.

Jean-Marie

Thanks, Jean-Marie,
I thought the opposite, but i´ll keep it off anyway.
Cheers.
I have also experimented with both ICM and Subsonic. At times ICM sounds more lively, yet sometimes I feel that with both settings off that I enjoy the music more. It may depend on the overall volume setting and the material that I am playing, but I have them both off by default.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY