Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet branded batteries leaking!
Recently purchased a new house, therefore the 1000 Pro has been sitting idly in its packaging waiting for me to get a move on with the unpacking.

Anyhow I started to set up the hi-fi last night but couldn't get any response from the remote, I ignored it and used the iPad app instead.

Today I got round to investigating the issue. I'd seen a few threads on the forum regarding remote/battery issues, should I have been surprised that after removing the back cover I discovered one of the batteries had leaked, and corrosion had set in on both terminals.

After some cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, and the fitting of new batteries everything is functioning as normal.

The Devialet branded batteries that were fitted during the upgrade program was a nice touch, pity they were useless!

After the other battery issues reported, I'd recommend everyone who had their amps upgraded swap out the batteries for some new ones, I've certainly gone back to the trusty copper headed ones.
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
(08-Jul-2017, 16:23)blorbed Wrote: Recently purchased a new house, therefore the 1000 Pro has been sitting idly in its packaging waiting for me to get a move on with the unpacking.

Anyhow I started to set up the hi-fi last night but couldn't get any response from the remote, I ignored it and used the iPad app instead.

Today I got round to investigating the issue. I'd seen a few threads on the forum regarding remote/battery issues, should I have been surprised that after removing the back cover I discovered one of the batteries had leaked, and corrosion had set in on both terminals.

After some cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, and the fitting of new batteries everything is functioning as normal.

The Devialet branded batteries that were fitted during the upgrade program was a nice touch, pity they were useless!

After the other battery issues reported, I'd recommend everyone who had their amps upgraded swap out the batteries for some new ones, I've certainly gone back to the trusty copper headed ones.
If these were the white batteries with ALKALINE in silver writing on them, then these are the same batteries that other members have had trouble with. I'd second your recommendation to swap the batteries, even if you have just had your amp or remote returned from Devialet, for new ones.
Seems that they are poor quality, probably bought cheap as a job lot by Devialet.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(08-Jul-2017, 16:40)Axel Wrote:
(08-Jul-2017, 16:23)blorbed Wrote: Recently purchased a new house, therefore the 1000 Pro has been sitting idly in its packaging waiting for me to get a move on with the unpacking.

If these were the white batteries with ALKALINE in silver writing on them, then these are the same batteries that other members have had trouble with. I'd second your recommendation to swap the batteries, even if you have just had your amp or remote returned from Devialet, for new ones.
Seems that they are poor quality, probably bought cheap as a job lot by Devialet.

Hello, the same experiences I have already done! Sad
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...4#pid62994
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I changed batteries after reading this. Luckily no leaking!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
... checking... everything is clean, for now.
(08-Jul-2017, 19:47)BoyScout Wrote: ... checking... everything is clean, for now.

If I were you, I'd change them anyway...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Interesting. Will check mine. What's the battery type? (So I can check I've got some before opening).

They do make some weird choices. Perhaps this is their new corporate cost-cutter.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The batteries in the (440 Pro) remote are 3 x AAA. The ones mine came with are pale grey and silver, with silver lettering. There is no brand as such, unless it's "ALKALINE" which is in large, friendly letters (seems a bit unlikely). Perhaps predictably, the text "made in China" appears in much smaller letters. It looks to me as though they might be old stock, given they are marked with what's presumably an expiry date of 10-2017.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Looks like I need a 2mm hex to get thec 250pro remote open so will definitely do it next time I've got finer tools handy.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

There are two AAA batteries in the 250 remote.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB