Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information Screen Question
What is the purpose of the Info Screen with the Input bars (bouncing from green to red)? (its about 12 screens in - just before the Last Fault screen). Is it telling me anything meaningful? Is there anything to adjust with this info?

Tried searching but couldn't find anything addressing this issue - the Devialet paper describing the Info Screen must be old because it didn't include this particular screen.
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
Signal strength I believe. It's telling you something meaningful if you want to know the levels of the active signal. Unless they're out of the norm I wouldn't imagine you'd want to adjust anything.

What's the context? Do you have a specific issue?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

They are input meters for whatever source you are running. For those running a turntable, they are actually very useful for 'fine tuning' the settings for the phono stage to match your cartridge output.

They also show you just how horribly compressed all your digital music is, this serves no real purpose but is quite interesting.

They might be useful for checking for clipping when upsampling to DSD or similar, but I have never tried this myself.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I am just trying to understand how to interpret it. Is there a normal (good?) range? What does it mean if it is mostly bumping up against the red? I've had an issue playing DSD (described on a different thread and I don't want to repeat it here), spotted this screen, and wondered if it meant anything - but don't know how to interpret it. For instance, if clipping was occurring - how would I know that looking at this screen?

Thanks for the input
New England
USA
'Bumping up against the red' as you put it, is fine. In fact most digital sources will run right up to the red, but not over it.. Going into the red or over the red is bad and indicates clipping. There is actually an orange light, which can also be seen in the tablet remote app, that indicates if you are hitting soft clipping. If the orange light flashes, you need to reduce the gain.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ndications
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks
New England
USA