Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweaking input gain on 220pro
I am running my 220 with a Yamaha AVR for front left & right duty, but the level is very low when using the line bypass input set at 0db. I have turned the input sensitivity down to 1.7mv...do you think this will be ok  and not clip the input? or should I just increase the the bypass level, perhaps up to +2db?
Any advise please?
Thanks
Mark
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1
I think you should check your Yamaha AVR's manual or contact Yamaha's support, they should be able to tell you what is the maximum output level from your Yamaha's preouts. You should enter that (or a slightly higher) value to your Devialet configuration.

I have set the pass through volume to -15 dB and it's working fine with my Marantz AVR. I guess 0 dB should be fine as well.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(12-Jul-2017, 17:03)petrik Wrote: I think you should check your Yamaha AVR's manual or contact Yamaha's support, they should be able to tell you what is the maximum output level from your Yamaha's preouts. You should enter that (or a slightly higher) value to your Devialet configuration.

I have set the pass through volume to -15 dB and it's working fine with my Marantz AVR. I guess 0 dB should be fine as well.

Hmm, at -15db I have virtually no output. At 0db its ok but I have to turn up the levels of all the other channels to +10  on the AVR. With the sensitivity at 1.7mv and the gain at 0db all is normal and sounds great, but I dont want to be clipping the input as it could damage my speakers. I will check with Yamaha.
Thanks.
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1
(12-Jul-2017, 17:08)jukemark Wrote:
(12-Jul-2017, 17:03)petrik Wrote: I think you should check your Yamaha AVR's manual or contact Yamaha's support, they should be able to tell you what is the maximum output level from your Yamaha's preouts. You should enter that (or a slightly higher) value to your Devialet configuration.

Hmm, at -15db I have virtually no output. At 0db its ok but I have to turn up the levels of all the other channels to +10  on the AVR. With the sensitivity at 1.7mv and the gain at 0db all is normal and sounds great, but I dont want to be clipping the input as it could damage my speakers. I will check with Yamaha.
Thanks.

Yeah, you need tweak the speaker levels on your AVR. I have set something like -6 dB to center and surround channels and +6 dB to the main channels on the AVR.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Thanks.

To know if you are clipping, you can look at the screen of the Devialet or the remote app. If the input flashes orange or red (I never know which color it is) it means you are clipping and should adjust accordingly.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
The display dots are orange to tell you that input levels are high and red when you are clipping.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(12-Jul-2017, 21:25)Jean-Marie Wrote:

Thanks.

To know if you are clipping, you can look at the screen of the Devialet or the remote app. If the input flashes orange or red (I never know which color it is) it means you are clipping and should adjust accordingly.
Ah brilliant, didnt know that. Thank you.