Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVIALET+YG
Hello, everyone.
I'd like to introduce my audio system.

PC (AES/EBU)
Expert 250 x 2
YG Acoustics

This is a dedicated audio room, and in the last six months, I have adjusted the room acoustics, position, digital correction, and other settings, and the sound has become precise, powerful, and very pleasant.

I can't speak English, so I rely on translation software. Thank you for your patience.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PC(AES/EBU),Expert250×2,IPD2400,Anat Reference
Welcome to the forum TKS,

First of all, your translation software works 100%.

You mention you are using 2 times D250. Does that mean you are using them in two times stereo or as a D1000? I know Devialet and YG have worked together on an active system.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Do you not use the two Experts as a 1000Pro, TKS500?
Great photos, thanks.
Also, what are the little cups in front of the speakers? They seem to be sitting on the floor and not touching the speakers?
Which YG model is it?
Really good , thanks.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(15-Dec-2020, 10:08)Pim Wrote: Welcome to the forum TKS,

First of all, your translation software works 100%.

You mention you are using 2 times D250. Does that mean you are using them in two times stereo or as a D1000? I know Devialet and YG have worked together on an active system.

My D250 is not a PRO, so DualMono would be 800, but I am using two stereo amps bi-amped instead of DualMono.

The reason for this is that my current speakers, YG.A's Anat Reference, have a very low impedance, and I thought that DualMono would put a severe strain on the amplifier section. I used D250s in stereo and assigned one D250 per Anat Reference MainModule to drive it.

In addition, the lower Woofer is preouted from the D250 and driven by a Lab.gruppen IPD2400. Therefore, this system has a rather irregular tri-amp configuration.

(Left TW,MID)←(Left D250)       (Right D250)→(Right TW,MID)
               (Preout)↓         ↓(Preout)
              (Left WF)←(IPD2400)→(Right WF)

YG.A, VIVID.A, Estelon, and the Original Nautilus AXD are very interesting, and my system configuration was influenced by them, and my close friends and I thought about it and improved it. Incidentally, the MainModule utilizes the internal network, but the D250 is used for low cut and time axis correction, while the Woofer passes the internal network and the IPD is used for cross setting and frequency correction according to the room. It was a difficult setup, but the result was good: the bass range was expanded and the stability was improved in all sound ranges.
(15-Dec-2020, 10:46)ICUDoc Wrote: Do you not use the two Experts as a 1000Pro, TKS500?
Great photos, thanks.
Also, what are the little cups in front of the speakers? They seem to be sitting on the floor and not touching the speakers?
Which YG model is it?
Really good , thanks.

As I said in my previous reply, due to its low impedance, the D250 is used in stereo; it is not a PRO and I hope to make it a PRO eventually.

I'm glad to hear your praise, thank you. The small cup is for earthquake protection. I live in an area where there is a risk of earthquakes. The speakers have three grounding points, one in the front and two in the back, and depending on how the earthquake shakes, the bottom of the speaker may stick into the flooring or even fall over. As a countermeasure, we thought of putting a tray on the front side to cushion the speaker when it shakes, and to protect the flooring while increasing stability. However, we don't know how well it will work, and we don't want to think about what will happen in the event of an earthquake.

The speakers are Anat Reference from YG Acoustics. They seem to be an early model.
Devialet has owners all over the world and it's a great learning experience to see their unique systems.
Lovely! -thanks for the photo and info
I LOVE looking at other people's set-ups!
I appreciate the efforts in making the system work with two amp families.
Like you, I have also found that time-correction using the Devialets for my subwoofers made a big improvement in sound.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.