Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSpeaker anti-mode EQ with phantoms
Hi I am trying out a Dspeaker antimode to get some EQ (as well the better ADC it has than the cheap one I have)

I wonder what is happening though as the dialogue / phantoms that come AFTER the anti-mode, also have DSP?

It goes TT into anti-mode - then out via optical into a phantom (I have 2 phantoms and a dialogue)

For example - adjusting channel balance on the antimode doesn't seem to do anything?

So it's making me wonder what else the phantoms are over-riding?

Thanks to any experts who can help explain Smile
I found out that balance doesn't work via optical out on the anti-mode so that explains that 

Still just to confirm will the phantom just take whatever signal it's given after DSP or not - and then distribute it across the speakers?
(17-Jul-2017, 14:05)Jamington2004 Wrote: I found out that balance doesn't work via optical out on the anti-mode so that explains that 

Still just to confirm will the phantom just take whatever signal it's given after DSP or not - and then distribute it across the speakers?

There is no 'not DSP' on Devialet products - that's what they're designed around....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi yes indeed - I meant will it take the signal regardless of whether it has been already DSP treated - and just distribute that signal as it is.

Or if, for example, a frequency has been altered, it will re-alter it

I guess it will just take what it's been given as it won't know a difference between the original signal and the one it receives via optical
The phantoms have no way of knowing if the signal has been altered, so can't undo anything.
As I thought - it was the channel balance thing that threw me off scent originally! Smile
I believe while the Phantoms in most cases won't know or be able to determine if the signal has been altered before playing, they will ALWAYS try to keep that signal within the physical boundaries of each driver on the speaker. That's one of many of the things SAM on the Phantom's control. Keeping all signals within limits without a noticeable impact on the end result. In some cases though you may notice an alteration that is not desired, but rarely.
Devialet Phantom (White)