Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon - AIR integration: Where does Dirac go?
(19-Jul-2017, 01:36)Celts88 Wrote: SwissBear

Downloaded REW 5.19 Beta6, but only after downloading rePhase did I then notice it's only for Windows, not Mac - bummer  Sad

Sorry about that. But as the usage of the software is not frequent (you only modify your impulses once in a while) and does not require lots of power, I am using Parallels Desktop to run rePhase on my Mac. This works like a charm.
(20-Jul-2017, 07:59)SwissBear Wrote:
(19-Jul-2017, 01:36)Celts88 Wrote: SwissBear

Downloaded REW 5.19 Beta6, but only after downloading rePhase did I then notice it's only for Windows, not Mac - bummer  Sad

Sorry about that. But as the usage of the software is not frequent (you only modify your impulses once in a while) and does not require lots of power, I am using Parallels Desktop to run rePhase on my Mac. This works like a charm.

SwissBear

I don't have Parallels Desktop or Windows, therefore to get this set-up to use rePhase I would have to spend a fair bit of money which doesn't seem to make much sense (to get just to use free software).

Appreciate your help, and can still give REW a go, but will need to give rePhase a miss (for now).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I use MiniDSP Dirac for a year now in my home theater , it's very good . It's easy to setup and use. I prefer it over Dolby atoms of my marantz HT processor. It's has some limitations, it can't process 2 subs or atoms but overall it brought so much. At the beginning it didn't "repair" my front LR and I was afraid it wouldn't add much but it did. I assume it's because my front speakers are very well position in the room but the rest of the speaker are not. Dirac knows very well what they are doing...