Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reorganisation of streaming forum
You may have noticed I have merged a couple of items. Is everyone happy with the streaming forum? Should I close the "Streamer board...?" thread?

Let me know your thought, many thanks 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Nice work Guillaume, by closing the streamer board.....? Thread does that mean no more posts can be made in that thread? I assume posts wil still be there to read. Dare I suggest a new thread called "Core Infinity" !!
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
(18-Jul-2017, 11:38)GuillaumeB Wrote: You may have noticed I have merged a couple of items. Is everyone happy with the streaming forum? Should I close the "Streamer board...?" thread?

Guillaume

I would have thought that the streamer board thread is likely to remain one of the 'hot topics' of the forum, up to and beyond the October 17th release date?  Indeed, there have been a couple of posts in there today.  Also, I see the Devialet OS Core Infinity board as being a very separate issue to Roon, Roon AIR and similar.

So for me, I see no reason to close the 'Streamer Board' thread, quite the opposite in fact.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Jul-2017, 13:47)Confused Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 11:38)GuillaumeB Wrote: You may have noticed I have merged a couple of items. Is everyone happy with the streaming forum? Should I close the "Streamer board...?" thread?

Guillaume

I would have thought that the streamer board thread is likely to remain one of the 'hot topics' of the forum, up to and beyond the October 17th release date?  Indeed, there have been a couple of posts in there today.  Also, I see the Devialet OS Core Infinity board as being a very separate issue to Roon, Roon AIR and similar.

So for me, I see no reason to close the 'Streamer Board' thread, quite the opposite in fact.

I appreciate that but the thread is now 57 pages long. It could easily be locked and replaced by one or more threads.

Anyway I'll leave everything as it is for the time being. 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Right, so +1.

Plus - in fact - we do not need to discuss every day again, what might come and what might not ;-)

A new thread on October 17th would be enough I think :-)
If the "Streamer board...?" thread has had a stay of execution, it would at least be helpful to rename it to something like "Core Infinity board" now we know that's its official name.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
By the way, I think we should set up a new forum called Devialet Chat Chat. That will be the unofficial place to discuss all things related to running the Devialet Chat forum. No doubt we'll later need a Devialet Chat Chat Chat forum, but let's cross that bridge when we need to ...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Jul-2017, 14:31)thumb5 Wrote: If the "Streamer board...?" thread has had a stay of execution, it would at least be helpful to rename it to something like "Core Infinity board" now we know that's its official name.

Done!

Guillaume

UK
(18-Jul-2017, 14:34)thumb5 Wrote: By the way, I think we should set up a new forum called Devialet Chat Chat.  That will be the unofficial place to discuss all things related to running the Devialet Chat forum.  

Could at least be interesting as a thread. Forums often have structures like fractals inside and outside our bodies. When things work well there's mostly coherence and natural flow. Like a good music session where the coherence results in the goosebumps.
I wouldn't worry about the size of a thread. I may not be interested now but may become interested later due to a change of configuration and would want to read the entire thread.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.