Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to play Youtube ?
Hi I have old silvers that are unable to support Air play.
Anyway I love Youtube HQ music and a lot of music..
Please give me a tip how to play Youtube except for BT.
Thanks.

Jordan.
(18-Jul-2017, 16:31)JordanKim Wrote: Hi I have old silvers that are unable to support Air play.
Thanks.

Jordan.

Hi I used to stream via airplay to an airport express and then optical into the dialogue, or a phantom

Any device that takes airplay or other means of streaming from a phone - and has optical out should do the trick Smile

Or also I have my skybox plugged in to the system via optical - and I can play YouTube videos on there too 

Hope it helps get the idea going
Oh and of course you could buy an airplay compatible dialogue but that's a bit more costly
Also just discovered my Sky Q box accepts airplay so you can plug this into a phantom or dialogue and airplay to the sky q box

Any luck?
(18-Jul-2017, 16:31)JordanKim Wrote: Hi I have old silvers that are unable to support Air play.
Thanks.

Jordan.

I get youtube on my internet TV (LG brand) and I hook up the TV to the phantoms with an optical cable. It sounds great (with an audio lag though).
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(26-Jul-2017, 10:24)eniriop Wrote:
Thanks.

Jordan.

I get youtube on my internet TV (LG brand) and I hook up the TV to the phantoms with an optical cable. It sounds great (with an audio lag though).

I also play youtube from my internet TV. On my LG smart TV (the one with a curved screen) there is a way to set the audio lag (advanced setting in the sound menu). By default it is set at 40 (ms I suppose), if you set it at zero the audio lag disappears and the sound is just great, coming from the optical output of the LG TV. I recommend listening to Mark Knopfler live concert at the atrium: HD picture, HD sound... Smile
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac