Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz desktop no longer sends music to Air?
On my Macbook pro the last 2 updates of the Qobuz app haven't sent music to Air, even though it is selected, it plays only on the laptop speakers.
The Web player (still) plays normally as one would expect, it is the stand alone app which has the fault.
It used to work fine but since it seems to have an update system built in without a user over-ride there is no way to go back to an earlier working version.

Updates which are downgrades but forced on the user are one of my pet hates - and just when I was starting to use streaming a bit more.
It is easy to spend more time dicking with the computer than listening to music. A pox on computer music play.
Back to LPs and CDs...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hello Frank - I've been having similar problems. Sometimes it will work if I switch the output device to the default and then back to AiR. Sometimes it will work if I quit and re-start AIR. Very hit and miss, and very frustrating. And I agree with you about these forced upgrades, for what it's worth.

(This is on a Mac, running OS X 10.11.6, by the way.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I find the Qobuz desktop app very limited when it comes to connectivity. My main issue with it is that it does not do chromecast audio. Even though the mobile iOS application does a wonderful job of it. If they are going to convince people to adopt Sublime Plus+ then they better get on with sorting out these issues. I wouldn't really like to use an idevice with its limited screen size. The desktop application is brilliant with metadata rivaling dare I say of Roon.
(19-Jul-2017, 00:21)Devialetuser Wrote: I find the Qobuz desktop app very limited when it comes to connectivity. My main issue with it is that it does not do chromecast audio. Even though the mobile iOS application does a wonderful job of it. If they are going to convince people to adopt Sublime Plus+ then they better get on with sorting out these issues. I wouldn't really like to use an idevice with its limited screen size. The desktop application is brilliant with metadata rivaling dare I say of Roon.

The latest desktop version of the Qobuz player supports Chromecast audio (I do use Chrome as my web browser - so can't vouch for other browsers)