Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon/Ethernet Connection Issues
[img][Image: Screen_Shot_2017_07_26_at_9_27_09_PM.png] upload link direct[/img]

Any recommendations for 1 & 2 marked above ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(26-Jul-2017, 23:01)audio_engr Wrote: [img][Image: Screen_Shot_2017_07_26_at_9_27_09_PM.png] upload link direct[/img]

Any recommendations for 1 & 2 marked above ?

You could leave 1 at default and see whether you get any drop outs, stuttering etc.  I set mine to the maximum of 5000ms - and never have had any of these problems.  The delay in starting the music is scarcely noticeable.  

Given that Devialet can handle all sample rates etc - I don't know why you would want to downsample - and transmit lower quality digital information to the Devialet. I have left that as disabled.  (I assume that this is for some network speakers which cannot handle higher than CD level information.
Hi everyone.
I am sooooo pleased with the sound quality I get from MacMini/Roon/AIR/Ethernet cable/D400/Hyperion Audio 968s.
And thanks so much for everyone's help,in getting it to work.
Now, another question: 
How do I make my iPhone control it? I downloaded Roon Remote and can "see" the Mac as a Roon Core,  it only when it ISN'T connected to the Devialet. Crazy! I have set the Dev and Mac up as per  the big instructions in the thread (AIR 3 Beta for Mac) and it works great if I control it via MacMini, but no phone connection. I don't get it.
If I Configure IPv4 as DHCP, I can connect, but not with the manual settings.
Can anyone offer advice?
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
After reading some other threads on related topics (esp. in support desk) I tried turning on internet sharing through the MacMini via Ethernet and now Roon is complete.
Very happy!
Just listened to Dire Straits' Private Investigations REALLY REALLY loud. Loved it.
Thanks to all forum contributors Smile
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.