Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connecting phantoms to xgimi h1 projector
Hi everyone,

New to this thread and devialet. I have some issues while setting up my phantoms .

I have 2 phantoms silvers connected to dialog over wifi.
I have the dialog in a different room which is connected to the wifi router with a ethernet cable. I have the projector and phantoms in a different room.

When i connect my xgimi h1 projector to the dialog using wifi/Bluetooth i only hear sound from one of the phantoms and sometimes there is no sound at all. There is an audio delay as well.

Not sure how to connect both the phantoms to the projector.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
When you set up the Phantoms did you set them up as a stereo pair or individual units (showing in the app as two Phantoms instead of one single device as a pair)? If they're a stereo pair the sound should play no problems from both of them. Try a different Optical Cable? Or see if the projector has different codec settings.
Devialet Phantom (White)
(20-Jul-2017, 07:05)kmjy Wrote: When you set up the Phantoms did you set them up as a stereo pair or individual units (showing in the app as two Phantoms instead of one single device as a pair)? If they're a stereo pair the sound should play no problems from both of them. Try a different Optical Cable? Or see if the projector has different codec settings.

Thanks for your response.
I set them up in stereo, and are connected via wifi to the dialog and not optical cable as the dialog is in a different room than the phantoms. And even if i try to set up the dialog in the same room, how do i connect 2 phantoms to a dialog ? as the dialog has only one optical port in it.
The Dialog takes the optical input (which is stereo, ie two has channels) and splits the channels, sending one channel to one Phantom and the second channel to the other Phantom.
(21-Jul-2017, 02:41)Gremlin Wrote: The Dialog takes the optical input (which is stereo, ie two has channels) and splits the channels, sending one channel to one Phantom and the second channel to the other Phantom.

Thanks for the reply!

The issue is now resolved! Apparently all i had to do is place the dialog in the same room as the phantoms (I used a google home wifi mesh to setup a new router in my den where the phantoms were previously set up) and the connectivity is good now.

But i still see there i a tad bit delay in the audio while playing a movie and upon reading found this to be common in the phantoms. Ill try using optical cables in the near future and see how it works.