Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better sound at night?
The water pipe is excellent option , the problem begins when plumbers use plastic parts or when the safety bypass joints are loose or get rusted. Also copper has better conductivity than zinc or steel.
(22-Jul-2017, 21:51)no32 Wrote: The water pipe is excellent option , the problem begins when plumbers use plastic parts or when the safety bypass joints are loose or get rusted. Also copper has better conductivity than zinc or steel.

Copper is a bad solution! Copper oxidizes in conjunction with concrete or other building materials! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
How copper behave in conjunction with soil ?
What are you suggesting ?
(22-Jul-2017, 22:08)no32 Wrote: How copper behave in conjunction with soil ?
What are you suggesting ?

Hello no32, Since you can start times even a try. Put a piece of copper wire in the earth and leave a piece outside of the earth. After some time you will see how it begins to oxidize (green), and then decays!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Ok is this case it's not a big problem for me , however if you have an idea what to use instead of copper beside zinc I'll be happy to learn and try , also please share if you have other thoughts how to approach ground issues I'll be happy to try it it
(22-Jul-2017, 22:24)no32 Wrote: Ok is this case it's not a big  problem for me , however if you have an idea what to use instead of copper beside zinc I'll be happy to learn and try , also please share if you have other thoughts how to approach ground issues I'll be happy to try it it

The material used is 95% galvanized strip iron in the dimensions 30x3.5 mm. If money does not play, earthing tape V4A (stainless steel, factor x 5)!!
Germany / Bavaria
(22-Jul-2017, 21:35)K4680 Wrote:
(22-Jul-2017, 21:07)no32 Wrote: Where or how do they ground the box? Isn't it floating ? Do they clean the D.C. noise or actual grounding it ?

The whole is called foundation grounding. When building the house, a grounding line is laid in the concrete floor of the house. At one end the earthing strip is led out of the concrete and serves as a connection for the potential equalization (see picture, gray box on the wall). Afterwards, the grounding tape can also be laid in the earth.

My house must have something like that somewhere (under the house?), because we have ground (hearth) in all the electical outlets.
What i´m asking for is, if possible, how to do a simple grounding set just for the equipment.
There must be a way to do it, right?
Yes there is but you'll need to measure for safety reasons, run long thick isolated cable to the water line , and clamp it. Make sure to pass the water clock and all other bypasses . I should do wonders
(23-Jul-2017, 00:10)no32 Wrote: Yes there is but you'll need to measure for safety reasons, run long thick isolated cable to the water line , and clamp it. Make sure to pass the water clock and all other bypasses . I should do wonders

I´ll work on it. Thanks a lot, no32.
(23-Jul-2017, 00:26)BoyScout Wrote:
(23-Jul-2017, 00:10)no32 Wrote: Yes there is but you'll need to measure for safety reasons, run long thick isolated cable to the water line , and clamp it. Make sure to pass the water clock and all other bypasses . I should do wonders

I´ll work on it. Thanks a lot, no32.

Hello, if you need an extra grounding for the system can do with a grounding rod or pipe. The grounding rod (about 1.5 m) you hit the ground. At the connection point you attach a copper cable and move it to the plant. Now you can make a jam bar and connect all devices

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Germany / Bavaria