Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better sound at night?
My Hi-Fi system is on the ground floor of our house. Under the rack, I lifted the carpet and a couple of floorboards. I then hammered a 15mm diameter 1 Meter long copper rod into the ground. This was attached with 6mm earth cable to the electrical outlets for the Hi-Fi which are fed from a separate spur on the fuse board. 
The effect is to eliminate any humming or buzzing of components and also a deeper, blacker background.
I really like the idea of having a grounding strip put into the ground before the concrete slab is laid.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(23-Jul-2017, 10:19)K4680 Wrote: [quote pid='64400' dateline='1500765996']
(23-Jul-2017, 00:10)no32 Wrote: Yes there is but you'll need to measure for safety reasons, run long thick isolated cable to the water line , and clamp it. Make sure to pass the water clock and all other bypasses . I should do wonders

Hello, if you need an extra grounding for the system can do with a grounding rod or pipe. The grounding rod (about 1.5 m) you hit the ground. At the connection point you attach a copper cable and move it to the plant. Now you can make a jam bar and connect all devices
[/quote]

(23-Jul-2017, 10:43)Axel Wrote: My Hi-Fi system is on the ground floor of our house. Under the rack, I lifted the carpet and a couple of floorboards. I then hammered a 15mm diameter 1 Meter long copper rod into the ground. This was attached with 6mm earth cable to the electrical outlets for the Hi-Fi which are fed from a separate spur on the fuse board. 
The effect is to eliminate any humming or buzzing of components and also a deeper, blacker background.
I really like the idea of having a grounding strip put into the ground before the concrete slab is laid.

Yes, is the kind of operation i´ve in mind, a separate grounding for the system´s outlets.
Question: is this better than the house´s normal grounding?
My house has almost 20 years, i don´t know the type of grounding they did.
Every time I installed my own grounding the results were better , system become more stable among other sq improvement. This is my standard and almost only tweak I have in my systems. I agree with people who say that everything matter I just don't do them all.
You can always go down the battery inverter route.
(24-Jul-2017, 10:56)Davyboy Wrote: You can always go down the battery inverter route.

I´m sorry, but i´ve no idea what you´re talking about.
Could you be more specific?
If you think that the house power supply isn't as clean as you'd like it then you can eliminate that problem by having your own power supply for your amp curtesy of batteries and something to convert to your required voltage ie an inverter that converts dc to ac.
(25-Jul-2017, 08:28)Davyboy Wrote: If you think that the house power supply isn't as clean as you'd like it then you can eliminate that problem by having your own power supply for your amp curtesy of batteries and something to convert to your required voltage ie an inverter that converts dc to ac.

Oh, i see... but there´s no reason for such radical measures.
For me there´s always a balance between the ideal and the way to achieve it.
Thanks for the explanation.
I installed Torus TOT Max with dedicated power line and have very good results!
(22-Jul-2017, 11:32)Jonas Wrote:
(22-Jul-2017, 10:10)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Late night is also a fine when the body /brain relaxes more.

Now you hit the other side of the coin!  Smile  Sorry for digging little deeper... Our autonomic nervous system consists of 2 aspects, sympathetic (activity) and parasympathetic (rest). It´s easy to measure these parameters with so called Heart Rate Variability (HRV). Balance in HRV is a sign of health and coherence. Noticed that it sometimes takes 3-4 tracks before I enter a kind of relaxed coherent listening state. So once I tried to meditate for a short while before the music session and experienced directly a state of coherence.

There is also the possibility that at night, when it's darker the senses shift more from eyesight to hearing, and thus have an effect on the SQ, to your ears...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(06-Aug-2017, 09:19)Bartype Wrote:
(22-Jul-2017, 11:32)Jonas Wrote:
(22-Jul-2017, 10:10)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Late night is also a fine when the body /brain relaxes more.

Now you hit the other side of the coin!  Smile  Sorry for digging little deeper... Our autonomic nervous system consists of 2 aspects, sympathetic (activity) and parasympathetic (rest). It´s easy to measure these parameters with so called Heart Rate Variability (HRV). Balance in HRV is a sign of health and coherence. Noticed that it sometimes takes 3-4 tracks before I enter a kind of relaxed coherent listening state. So once I tried to meditate for a short while before the music session and experienced directly a state of coherence.

There is also the possibility that at night, when it's darker the senses shift more from eyesight to hearing, and thus have an effect on the SQ, to your ears...

What I meant, lazy to write, was that the coin consists of a technical and an organic side. Including the autonomic nervous system but not limited to it. We could experience an improvement of one or both aspects. Yes you got a point there. Perhaps something similar to when one close the eyes and listen.