Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just curious has any members here...
Listened  or compare the Devialet  to the Mytek Brooklyn  pre & power?
I would be curious too. I am thinking to buy the Brooklyn to use it in my study with headphones. Unluckily I don't have a chance to test it before buying so I would love to know how it compares with my D250 Pro.
Thanks
M
I have the Mytek Brooklyn and am very pleased with it. Currently using it with an Accuphase E-370 in fully balanced configuration. To be honest when comparing it to the Devialet D440 Pro there is no contest. The Accuphase/Mytek is pure magic, the soundstage is wide, with lots of space between the instruments, and pin point instrument placement. When you are listening to a piano piece you can visualise the finger placement as they move across the piano. With the plucking of string instruments there is a long trailing off, almost like a reverb. On a good recording the sound literally envelope you.

D440 Pro fulfils all the typical Audiophile requirements, but the instruments are stuck on the back wall. While in the Mytek/Accuphase they are literally floating in the air in between the speakers. Hope this helps.
(24-Jul-2017, 17:57)Devialetuser Wrote: I have the Mytek Brooklyn and am very pleased with it. Currently using it with an Accuphase E-370 in fully balanced configuration. To be honest when comparing it to the Devialet D440 Pro there is no contest. The Accuphase/Mytek is pure magic, the soundstage is wide, with lots of space between the instruments, and pin point instrument placement. When you are listening to a piano piece you can visualise the finger placement as they move across the piano. With the plucking of string instruments there is a long trailing off, almost like a reverb. On a good recording the sound literally envelope you.

D440 Pro fulfils all the typical Audiophile requirements, but the instruments are stuck on the back wall. While in the Mytek/Accuphase they are literally floating in the air in between the speakers. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the reply. By chance did you try the Brooklyn with headphones as well? Using the Mytek preamplification?
Cheers
Marco
Have not yet tried the Mytek with headphones but hopefully soon...
(24-Jul-2017, 17:57)Devialetuser Wrote: I have the Mytek Brooklyn and am very pleased with it. Currently using it with an Accuphase E-370 in fully balanced configuration. To be honest when comparing it to the Devialet D440 Pro there is no contest. The Accuphase/Mytek is pure magic, the soundstage is wide, with lots of space between the instruments, and pin point instrument placement. When you are listening to a piano piece you can visualise the finger placement as they move across the piano. With the plucking of string instruments there is a long trailing off, almost like a reverb. On a good recording the sound literally envelope you.

Thanks  for  contributing to this thread. Your description  of the two different  systems  was very helpful!