Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom not making sound
So even when I unplug (30 sec) plug back in, there's no noise taht i would usually hear for pairing.  I hit the power button three times to reset and nothing.

All that it does is gently pulse the subwoofer over and over with no additional response no matter what I do.  Anyone else come accross this?
(27-Jul-2017, 02:57)mtvanc Wrote: So even when I unplug (30 sec) plug back in, there's no noise taht i would usually hear for pairing.  I hit the power button three times to reset and nothing.

All that it does is gently pulse the subwoofer over and over with no additional response no matter what I do.  Anyone else come accross this?

Just to be 100% clear. Is the pulsation only singular? It one time moves the woofers in and out and then that’s it? No more movement?

Or does it pulsate very fast every 20 seconds?? Emphasis on it being continuously.

I have come across the second instance and it usually means it’s had a boot error and couldn’t successfully boot. This could be a hardware failure. A software failure. Or even an error during the initialisation of the Bluetooth or other hardware. This is EXTREMELY uncommon. But it can occurs. It’s like a little PC in there. The continuous woofer motion indicates an error. But it’s non-specific.

If it’s the second thing then try holding the power button continuously until the unit powers off. Keep holding until it powers back on. Continue holding until it powers off again. Continue once again until it powers on again. Once again continue until it powers off. Unplug it for 20 seconds. Then plug it back in while holding the power button. Let go when it starts up. It should now function normally with a single woofer excursion and then a setup sound. If it doesn’t you may need to get into contact with Devialet.

With that process. It’s three tiles off. Three times on. Start it with the unit already on. That counts as one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(27-Jul-2017, 03:33)kmjy Wrote:
(27-Jul-2017, 02:57)mtvanc Wrote: So even when I unplug (30 sec) plug back in, there's no noise taht i would usually hear for pairing.  I hit the power button three times to reset and nothing.

Just to be 100% clear. Is the pulsation only singular? It one time moves the woofers in and out and then that’s it? No more movement?

Or does it pulsate very fast every 20 seconds?? Emphasis on it being continuously.

I have come across the second instance and it usually means it’s had a boot error and couldn’t successfully boot. This could be a hardware failure. A software failure. Or even an error during the initialisation of the Bluetooth or other hardware. This is EXTREMELY uncommon. But it can occurs. It’s like a little PC in there. The continuous woofer motion indicates an error. But it’s non-specific.

If it’s the second thing then try holding the power button continuously until the unit powers off. Keep holding until it powers back on. Continue holding until it powers off again. Continue once again until it powers on again. Once again continue until it powers off. Unplug it for 20 seconds. Then plug it back in while holding the power button. Let go when it starts up. It should now function normally with a single woofer excursion and then a setup sound. If it doesn’t you may need to get into contact with Devialet.

With that process. It’s three tiles off. Three times on. Start it with the unit already on. That counts as one time.

Hmm so it's definitely continuously pulsing.  The method for the second solution didn't work either...
(27-Jul-2017, 03:58)mtvanc Wrote:
(27-Jul-2017, 03:33)kmjy Wrote:

Hmm so it's definitely continuously pulsing.  The method for the second solution didn't work either...

Maybe wire it with Ethernet before powering it on, just in-case there are any forced Firmware updates to come through. After a while there have been cases of them just suddenly working normal and the pulsating going away.

There's not much else you can do apart from talk directly with Devialet as this issue is EXTREMELY rare and no information is published anywhere about it.
Devialet Phantom (White)