Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AudioQuest’s Niagara 1000 power strip
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/0...iting-for/

Saw John H Darko was giving this a nice rewiev 

AudioQuest’s Niagara 1000 is a chromed-up power strip

"The Rotel RA-10 operates in Class A/B. The Devialet is a Class D/A hybrid — an all-in-one system that requires only a single power cable to which the Niagara 1000’s “high current” socket adds more life to music, as plain as day. Upgrade options are limited for Devialet Expert owners but this one? Oh boy, what a find"
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Hopefully Audioquest will release the data from the three CDs - allegedly burnt while powered under different conditions, from stock cables to higher end audioquest power cable through a niagara - such that independent people with the necessary kit can evaluate the differences that are leading to these 'oh wow' changes in sound.

FWIW I like Darko's writing style but I wouldn't buy anything based on his reviews, which are generally gushing. That said it seems Devialet gave him access to a "Devialet 2000" for the review, which I think many here would like to get their hands on. No wonder it sounded good.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I just got one of these last night on Darko's recommendation. My 120 had been connected directly to a dedicated line.

Last weekend, I tried connecting the 120 to a PS Audio Powerplant 300. It was a fuzzy, disorganized mess. I was back direct to the wall in 15 minutes.

Last night, I plugged the 120 into the Niagara 1000 and things changed for the better. I didn't hear the jump in dynamics Darko did (not yet anyway), but I did hear a much more layered, deep, and clear soundstage. Voices took on a bit more "there" in the room.

This was a nice step up. Not as big as going Roon into Ethernet into the 120 (which crushes a Micro Rendu), but a very worthwhile update. Will report back after more listening this weekend.
(27-Jul-2017, 13:15)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Hopefully Audioquest will release the data from the three CDs - allegedly burnt while powered under different conditions, from stock cables to higher end audioquest power cable through a niagara - such that independent people with the necessary kit can evaluate the differences that are leading to these 'oh wow' changes in sound.

FWIW I like Darko's writing style but I wouldn't buy anything based on his reviews, which are generally gushing. That said it seems Devialet gave him access to a "Devialet 2000" for the review, which I think many here would like to get their hands on. No wonder it sounded good.

Darko has had a Dev for a while I think.
(04-Aug-2017, 15:33)ismarketing Wrote:
(27-Jul-2017, 13:15)Hifi_swlon Wrote: FWIW I like Darko's writing style but I wouldn't buy anything based on his reviews, which are generally gushing. That said it seems Devialet gave him access to a "Devialet 2000" for the review, which I think many here would like to get their hands on. No wonder it sounded good.

Darko has had a Dev for a while I think.

Yeah, he has had his own D200 at least since this review: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/devialet/1.html
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

I use a Audioquest Niagara 1000 with my Devialet Expert 200 (i live in Indonesia).
A huge upgrade, but you have to wait about a month before the Audioquest is burned in.
I use my Devialet with small speakers (WLM Stella monitor) and the upgrade in the lows is impressive.
More tighten, it goes a litter deeper and the sound is less brighter.
Hello, have from my dealer an Audioquest Niagara 1000 (test device) for a few days for testing!
I'm staying with my Isotek Polaris !!  Big Grin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Not really a fair comparison? The isotek is 3X the price (or more) so you'd hope it would be better.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(20-Aug-2017, 16:49)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not really a fair comparison? The isotek is 3X the price (or more) so you'd hope it would be better.

Was only a test, as you know the price is not always the criterium whether better or worse! Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Hello, what disturb me at such high-priced power strip are the small cheap switches and fuse holders. Man installed expensive wall sockets and laid large cross-sections to the devices, and then one makes such a tight passport. I have times for the fun so a switch (price of the power strip 600 €) expanded and disassembled. The contact surfaces are not even 1.5mm round, of the measured transition resistance not to mention !! Huh Angry
Germany / Bavaria