Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR 3.0.2 Release Candidate SQ is much better then 3.0.4
So, I had been running AIR 3.0.2 RC for a few months with no more white noise issue and no cut outs. Such a positive response to this AIR driver, I have been VERY reluctant to try 3.0.4. Well I did 4 nights ago and have done some pretty serious listening. Harsh and shrill are the words that came to mind most often. Was doing some very serious listening last night and just could not take it anymore. I switched back to 3.0.2 RC and prayed that I would get that SQ back. I did.

AIR 3.0.2 RC is very stable and very "sweet" sounding with my setup. I do not foresee changing to another release with out some assurance from this forum on better SQ.

Just my 2 cents...

Windows 7 PC running Foobar2000 (Fidelizer and JPLAY) > Wireworld Starlight cat8 > SOtM ISO CAT6 > Wireworld Platinum starlight cat8 > Devialet Expert Pro 130
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)