Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet Soundbox
Devialet have announced a new product in collaboration with Sky. It is supposed to be used to improve TV audio and the suggestion is that it can replace a standard home cinema system. Probably the usual Devialet hype although I expect it will be the best tv speaker in the world and be better than home cinema systems costing £50K. £249 for Sky customers using Sky Q and more for others. No release date though.
£799 without Sky. Quite a price difference. Hopefully Devialet will make a Dialog v2 with HDMI and surround decoding. Now we know they can.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
It will not be able to realistically replace a 5.1 system without rear speakers, and certainly not an Atmos system.

I imagine it sounds good, and does some fake surround sound processing, but nothing like the level of DSP the Phantom achieves, so doesn't signal a surround sound Dialog to me.

Personally, I'd be happier if they found a way to make a low-latency mode available to everyone for existing products before making new and underwhelming products like this.
More discussion on this Thread