Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet Website
Marketing people huh! Bill Hicks called them the spawn of the devil. It's utter rubbish. As a well known rap band once said..."Don't believe the hype!".
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
no need to reset my password, it just works well an I can login with my old credentials Angel
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
maybe I am wrong but the configurator looks the same as before...
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I doubt they've updated anything useful like the configurator itself....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I just received an email titled; "New website - Password reset required".
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Same to me - after reseting it's all fine again

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Well it looks like at the beginning a bastardised addition was made to the site to deal with the Phantom when it appeared. As a purchaser from the first batch of Phantoms I ended up with a log in for the Phantom which was not the same as the log in I already had for the Expert line I had bought into some years earlier. I have requested that the Phantom log in is merged but had zero response.
Now the log in it wants seems to be the Phantom one - which I never use and can't re-set since I already have a log in and the password is the wrong one for a Phantom (but right for Expert).
I remain logged in for Expert but can't navigate the site.

I have always thought the marketing Devialet web site was the most exasperating site I have ever visited. They have made it worse.
I have wasted much valuable spare time and am so angry now I am sore tempted to dispose of everything Devialet I own and go back to my old system, which I haven't sold.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Seeing this thread pop up again, I decided to re-visit the site. It is a bit of a mess. I can get to my personal info and configurations, but if I navigate around very much, as in going back to pages higher up the chain, or closer to the into pages, I end up in French.

It seems as though they have spent their time on dramatic images and fancy typefaces rather than starting with good basic webpage layout and navigation. I agree that the new site is worse than the previous site, which was no screamin' hell, as we say.

I'm not too bothered, and I haven't had the relationship-ending frustrations that others have, but this public face of the company is not very successful. As I'm not relying on their website for some important task, I can afford to be mildly amused and disappointed rather than infuriated. I know not to be surprised, but most kids in first year of some website design program could do better.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Did you see this and select your country?

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...3#pid64933
(05-Aug-2017, 15:59)Damon Wrote: It seems as though they have spent their time on dramatic images and fancy typefaces rather than starting with good basic webpage layout and navigation.

Mmmm, fancy drama over solid basics, now that's not the Devialet I know.... Tongue

Ignoring the fact it's poorly executed and I just plain don't like it, what happened to all their historic Expert models? It's just like they never existed. I would have loved to see all the info for their entire line - past and present - embraced.
And a whole main menu item for the lost recordings? Really?
And why not launch the fabled new customer forum type area that was promised - must be over six months ago now - at the same time? I guess realistically it's never coming.

Hopefully this isn't what their software team have been tied up on for months.

I don't visit the site enough to be infuriated. But it is disappointing. As usual from my POV.

All we can hope is it's rubbish primarily because all resources have been put into Core Infinity, and the website was boshed out by some keen interns.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<