Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet Website
I must admit that I am a little surprised that Devialet's new website has earned 7 pages of comments so far. Although I have been lucky I think, I had a look at the website the morning it arrived and it was indeed a mess, with mixed languages. I tried again a couple of days later, language issues were sorted, no issues logging in, and my amps / serial numbers, personal data etc. were all correct. Don't get me wrong here though, I note that others have had log-in issues and I am fully sympathetic to this, I know just how frustrating this can be.

But for me, not much has changed really, I can log in, the configurator is still there, the technical section is still incomplete and amateurish looking. I am not too bothered about the presentation stuff, and form a technical information point of view, the new website is basically just the same as the old one.

I was checking some cartridge information at the weekend and was looking at Ortofon's website. Mindful of Hifi_swlon's earlier comment that Devialet website ignores the 'historic' Devialet Expert (and D-Premier) products, I noticed this:

https://www.ortofon.com/hifi/products/hi...l-products

A quick look in this section I could find references to cartridges I had maybe 25 years or more ago. A simple layout, it works, and the data is there. For me this is a good example of how it should be done.

Later I read something about the Auralic G2 range. I decided to double check the information on Auralic's website per the link below:

http://www.auralic.com/en/

Interestingly, Auralic appear to be omitting any information regarding some products in their current range, together with having a website that is rather confusing to navigate. Arguably a worse effort than Devialet, impressive!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I think it looks fine on the phone, but stupid on a big PC screen.

I think companies like ortofon would be mad to not have a historic part to their site, shows they have a history. For new companies like devialet it's tricker, but given everything they made is probably still under warranty I think the old models should be on there.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(08-Aug-2017, 13:35)Soniclife Wrote: I think it looks fine on the phone, but stupid on a big PC screen.

I think companies like ortofon would be mad to not have a historic part to their site, shows they have a history.  For new companies like devialet it's tricker, but given everything they made is probably still under warranty I think the old models should be on there.

Would have been nice to have had images and details of the Original d'Atelier on there.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(08-Aug-2017, 12:59)Confused Wrote: I must admit that I am a little surprised that Devialet's new website has earned 7 pages of comments so far.  Although I have been lucky I think, I had a look at the website the morning it arrived and it was indeed a mess, with mixed languages.  I tried again a couple of days later, language issues were sorted, no issues logging in, and my amps / serial numbers, personal data etc. were all correct.  Don't get me wrong here though, I note that others have had log-in issues and I am fully sympathetic to this, I know just how frustrating this can be.  

But for me, not much has changed really, I can log in, the configurator is still there, the technical section is still incomplete and amateurish looking.  I am not too bothered about the presentation stuff, and form a technical information point of view, the new website is basically just the same as the old one.

I was checking some cartridge information at the weekend and was looking at Ortofon's website.  Mindful of Hifi_swlon's earlier comment that Devialet website ignores the 'historic' Devialet Expert (and D-Premier) products, I noticed this:

A quick look in this section I could find references to cartridges I had maybe 25 years or more ago.  A simple layout, it works, and the data is there.  For me this is a good example of how it should be done.

Later I read something about the Auralic G2 range.  I decided to double check the information on Auralic's website per the link below:

Interestingly, Auralic appear to be omitting any information regarding some products in their current range, together with having a website that is rather confusing to navigate.  Arguably a worse effort than Devialet, impressive!

I am familiar with the Ortofon site having been an Ortofon customer since before the internet. The Auralic is indeed messy.
It occurs to me that the more screen candy and fancy stuff they add the worse it is (for this engineer, anyway) that is why their original site suited me so well - interesting information simply laid out and easily navigated.
No Flash - hurrah!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(08-Aug-2017, 16:03)f1eng Wrote:
(08-Aug-2017, 12:59)Confused Wrote: I must admit that I am a little surprised that Devialet's new website has earned 7 pages of comments so far.  Although I have been lucky I think, I had a look at the website the morning it arrived and it was indeed a mess, with mixed languages.  I tried again a couple of days later, language issues were sorted, no issues logging in, and my amps / serial numbers, personal data etc. were all correct.  Don't get me wrong here though, I note that others have had log-in issues and I am fully sympathetic to this, I know just how frustrating this can be.  

But for me, not much has changed really, I can log in, the configurator is still there, the technical section is still incomplete and amateurish looking.  I am not too bothered about the presentation stuff, and form a technical information point of view, the new website is basically just the same as the old one.

I was checking some cartridge information at the weekend and was looking at Ortofon's website.  Mindful of Hifi_swlon's earlier comment that Devialet website ignores the 'historic' Devialet Expert (and D-Premier) products, I noticed this:

A quick look in this section I could find references to cartridges I had maybe 25 years or more ago.  A simple layout, it works, and the data is there.  For me this is a good example of how it should be done.

Later I read something about the Auralic G2 range.  I decided to double check the information on Auralic's website per the link below:

Interestingly, Auralic appear to be omitting any information regarding some products in their current range, together with having a website that is rather confusing to navigate.  Arguably a worse effort than Devialet, impressive!

I am familiar with the Ortofon site having been an Ortofon customer since before the internet. The Auralic is indeed messy.
It occurs to me that the more screen candy and fancy stuff they add the worse it is (for this engineer, anyway) that is why their original site suited me so well - interesting information simply laid out and easily navigated.
No Flash - hurrah!

Hello, just tried! Device numbers and Lost Recording orders everything right. No language mix, registration and configurator work! Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Where are the reviews of Experts in this new website ? Looks like they're gone and Devialet do not value them anymore ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
In my opiniom new website is modern and cleaner;-)
Hmmm, still issues with the new site...

I need to update my address but can't as apparently the United Kindom (or Great Britain) no longer seems to exists, despite the fact that my country is set to great britain at the bottom of the page

I need to remove some of my registered products - as I had some issues with the upgrade and though now finally resolved I have a replacement unit, so I need to remove the original from my account. This no longer seems to be possible...
a mess. I see my two 200 but the previous configurations are gone in space ???
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
I talked with Devialet Support and notified them to fix the website. They thought that we could delete registered products. So in the mean time they can do that, but they promised to return that function to their website.