Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slave Inputs & Trigger In
Hi All

I've been trying to figure this one out to no avail...

I have an old cassette tape player I want to connect up to my 440 Pro, but I have no analogue inputs left on my master so I will have to enable the slave inputs, this in turn utilizes the trigger input on the master for the 2nd link cable.

The problem is my AV system already uses the trigger input to activate the system for watching movies etc. The Trigger In on the Slave seems to be of no use and can't be activated.

So the question is, is there any way of utilising the inputs on the Slave, and still have the ability to turn the system on via a trigger?
(08-Aug-2017, 14:42)SquiggFSM Wrote: Hi All

I've been trying to figure this one out to no avail...

I have an old cassette tape player I want to connect up to my 440 Pro, but I have no analogue inputs left on my master so I will have to enable the slave inputs, this in turn utilizes the trigger input on the master for the 2nd link cable.

The problem is my AV system already uses the trigger input to activate the system for watching movies etc. The Trigger In on the Slave seems to be of no use and can't be activated.

So the question is, is there any way of utilising the inputs on the Slave, and still have the ability to turn the system on via a trigger?

I don't think so. If you enable inputs on the slave, you have to use the trigger cable.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
That's what I was afraid of, seems a shame when there is a perfectly good trigger port going spare on the slave unit...