Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 phono stage MM input impedance
Has anyone here measured the actual resistance of the Devialet phono input with the configuration set to MM and the resistance at 'High'.

I read somewhere that it measures around 14K ohms on the high setting. I doubt that's correct as most MM cartridges expect to see a load of 47K.

I'm using a Koetsu Black Goldline into a 1:10 SUT into the Devialet phono stage configured for MM on the high setting.

The hiss from the phono is much better using the SUT over a direct input with the loading at 100 ohms.

If the input resistance is only 14K on the high setting my SUT may not be working optimally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Anyone?

Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Have you asked Devialet support?

And, yes, I agree, 14k is too low for carts designed for 47k.
(21-Aug-2017, 20:23)disarmamant Wrote: Anyone?

Hi,

I wanted to check if you got the answer to this question. I am also planning to use a SUT so wanted to make sure I have the right resistor on the SUT to match this.

Thanks,
Sandeep.
I asked support about the loading of the phono stage and got incredibly vague, evasive answers.
The 14k number comes from a 2013 Stereophile review. This MM Devialet phone stage problem is discussed in this thread I started (initially to review the Expert Pro upgrade) https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3959

The Stereophile review of the phono stage can be found here https://www.stereophile.com/content/devialet-d-premier-da-integrated-amplifier-phono-stage

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and trying an external phono stage, perhaps the Lehmann Black Cube SE II.
Devialet 250 Pro, Bryston BDP-2, Acoustic Signature WOW XL with TA1000 Tonearm and Ortofon 2M cartridge, OPPO BDP-83SE, Stenheim Alumine Two, REL G2
This is now an old thread and I guess many have read it in thumb5's reporting from the OAC event in July 2018 where Devialet answered this on the question of impedance on the MM input of amplifiers:

A: It was 16.7 kΩ on the D-Premier (reported as 14 kΩ by Stereophile) but has always been 47 kΩ on all Expert models.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Jul-2018, 07:29)ogs Wrote: This is now an old thread and I guess many have read it in thumb5's reporting from the OAC event in July 2018 where Devialet answered this on the question of impedance on the MM input of amplifiers:

A: It was 16.7 kΩ on the D-Premier (reported as 14 kΩ by Stereophile) but has always been 47 kΩ on all Expert models.

Thank you so much for that info!!

I hadn't read that update from OAC so this is great new information for me.