Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Sennheiser HD700 headphones with Expert 200
Hi, hoping someone can assist me setting up my Expert 200 to plug in my Sennheiser HD700 headphones - I have configured Digital 1 and 2 to Pre Out and activated Pre Out (On/Off) on my remote, now I'm faced with a problem connecting them as the male plug (6.3mm) for the headphones need to pslit into two male RCA plugs and I can't find any to purchase anywhere. Wondering if I'm taking the wrong approach and should purchased a Headphone Amp and be done with it? - any advise is much appreciated.
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D
- System-2: MacBook Pro running Spark | Dialog | Phantom Silver

Some cables are available on the internet, but none of great quality as far as I'm aware. It's probably best to make you own. See also:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3580
1. Devialet D1000 Pro, PMC Fact 12, Shunyata Sigma V2 speaker cables, Roon RAAT.
2. Devialet D250, Acoustic Energy AE1 mk1 on original stands, Straight Wire Crescendo 3 speaker cables. Roon
I was in the same situation as you and all I could find were cheap and nasty £2 cables but after experimenting with one for a while I decided to purchase a dedicated headphone amp.

Mainly because I was paranoid of blowing the headphones due to accidentally setting the wrong volume
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(15-Aug-2017, 23:29)tyefighter Wrote: I was in the same situation as you and all I could find were cheap and nasty £2 cables but after experimenting with one for a while I decided to purchase a dedicated headphone amp.

Mainly because I was paranoid of blowing the headphones due to accidentally setting the wrong volume

Hi,
I just posted a message showing how to make the connection with the right cable  at Headphone Devialet Connection with Pictures
You should use an adapter cable like this product which is called as "Y Adapter" KabelDirect Y adapter

You can also search for a similar product with a female 1/4 inch female stereo jack.. Then you should configure the input near AES/EBU as pre-out.
Do not forget to uncheck "Mute applies to this output" And also, you had better limit "Max Level" setting(Max input Power) according to your headphone's technical specs. I have ben using Fostex TH900 MK2 for a along time and this value is 1,26 volt RMS for Fostex TH900 MK2.(https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-p...alculator/)

And also be sure to set the initial startup Volume to -40, -50db using general setting on the advanced configurator page. Lastly, configure "Remote Settings" so that the 3rd button is set as "Preamplified Output" to turn it on/off using the remote control.
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2