Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HiFi+ June 2014 review of Devialet 240/250
Alan Sircom has posted a review of the Devialet 240 integrated amplifier and DAC (£11,800) at Hi-Fi! His conclusions:

“However, just as the D-Premier was not for everyone, so the 240 has its limits. And usually, those who have a strong liking for strong flavours in their audio are the first to look elsewhere. But the thing is, it’s not soft, hard, peaky, accented, bouncy, bright, gently rolled off, smooth, forward, laid-back, laid-out, or dull. It’s just detailed. Exceptionally detailed. If you are after a sound that is all about ‘tone’ and ‘mojo’ , this isn’t it, but if you are after hearing what was laid down in the studio, instead of what you wish was laid down in the studio, the 240 follows the D-Premier in getting it fundamentally correct. That might be too strong a medicine for some.”

You can read the full review here:

http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/main/p...ne2014.pdf
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Does anybody know how this is done?

"I found myself most comfortable with the ethernet connection (using a Naim UnitiServe pushing files into the 240)"

How does UnitiServe do that?

And I love the fact that "my kind": "arguing about the sound of the amplifier with or without the back of its loudspeaker connections" found its way into his review...
Smile
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Good question about UnityServe, I found myself thinking the same after reading the review (I posted the link to the review here before reading it myself BTW). I don't think it can be done unless you'd in some way be able to install the AIR software on the UnityServe. I am no NAIM adapt but maybe it runs on some Windows version (maybe an 'embedded' version) you can 'hack' your way into.

And I believe Alan Sircom reads and posts on WBF so that explains the 'knowledge' about the loudspeaker connection tweak. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Looks like a typo since the Unitiserve is UPnP (and S/PDIF). Shame.

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(03-Jun-2014, 07:01)Kunter Wrote: Does anybody know how this is done?

"I found myself most comfortable with the ethernet connection (using a Naim UnitiServe pushing files into the 240)"

How does UnitiServe do that?
Smile

Good question! I too think this is probably a mistake. But a typo? I think this would be quite difficult to type by mistake. I wonder if there is in fact more to this?