Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasonably priced USB cable
Hello,

today I took the plunge and ordered a Mytek Brooklyn for headphone listening (and, why not, to test it with the Devialet). 
At first I will connect it straight to my iMac/Roon in the study, in the future most likely I will add an UltraRendu to the chain. 
Now I am in need of an USB cable (A to B connection) and I would like to hear your suggestion. Considering the money I just spent on the DAC, I am after a very cost effective solution.  Length can be quite short (0.5m most likely will suffice) as the DAC will sit just side by the computer and it will be the same with the UltraRendu in the future. 
I am based in NZ so most likely I will need to rely to on line shopping without the chance to listening before buying

Thanks all for your help.

Marco
(17-Aug-2017, 23:52)marcor Wrote: Hello,

today I took the plunge and ordered a Mytek Brooklyn for headphone listening (and, why not, to test it with the Devialet). 
At first I will connect it straight to my iMac/Roon in the study, in the future most likely I will add an UltraRendu to the chain. 
Now I am in need of an USB cable (A to B connection) and I would like to hear your suggestion. Considering the money I just spent on the DAC, I am after a very cost effective solution.  Length can be quite short (0.5m most likely will suffice) as the DAC will sit just side by the computer and it will be the same with the UltraRendu in the future. 
I am based in NZ so most likely I will need to rely to on line shopping without the chance to listening before buying

Thanks all for your help.

Marco

Hi Marco

Nice choice of DAC, looked at it before I bought D 400. Which cables do you use today? Perhaps you'll find a clue there. Another suggestion is to check with Triode Wire Labs what price they could offer you with USB. 

Jonas
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
Hi Jonas,
As matter of fact I don't really have a lot of cables. My 250 pro is connected with a normal ethernet cable cat 7, speakers are connected with a Oyaide Tunami II and the power cable is still the standard Devialet one. I didn't even get the upgraded one that Devialet was giving for the upgrade due to the fact that doesn't exist with NZ plug. I will check the Triode Wire Labs.
Thanks

Marco
Order some cables with money back guarantee and compare with your gear.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
I use Supra USB cable - very inexpensive but well made.  Easy to buy mail order & highly recommended.
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
(18-Aug-2017, 10:39)Unclemonty Wrote: I use Supra USB cable - very inexpensive but well made.  Easy to buy mail order & highly recommended.

Tested Supra with an Oppo dac and it´s pretty ok but I thought Audioquest Cinnamon was better. In the end one often save money if one buy directly a cable that matches the equipment.
Audioquest Cinnamon is twice the price of the Supra, so no surprise.

OP says he is 'after a very cost effective solution'
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
(18-Aug-2017, 09:40)Jonas Wrote: Order some cables with money back guarantee and compare with your gear.

Very much agree with this. But test blind as much as possible to see if any perceived differences are real.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Sure Unclemonty, but buy a better cable to a dac for around 1930 Euro could be a pretty cost effective solution. Otherwise one will not get the full potential out of the dac. A similar situation is when stores demo high end equipment with less good cables. An option could be a slightly used one.
Curious Cable