Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson-Benesch
RED! Of course!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Beautiful looking speakers. Really like the carbon fibre finish. Can we have some pics of the Disco ll please?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Of all the models shown to date, the ACT One Evolution has the most harmonious coloured carbon fibre colourway (but have not seen how the Cardinal and Revolution wears the coloured carbon fibre panels though).
(01-Sep-2017, 07:32)GuillaumeB Wrote: Both A.C.T. One Evolution and Discovery II will be here in an hour!  Smile

Guillaume

What a delight for the ears!

May I suggest that you try the Endeavour too?
(01-Sep-2017, 13:43)Axel Wrote: Beautiful looking speakers. Really like the carbon fibre finish. Can we have some pics of the Disco ll please?

Here you go...

This one's a bit blurry...  Confused

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Fantastic day with Luke from Wilson Benesch. 

Spent a few hours listening to the A.C.T. One Evolutions after Luke set them up in the room meticulously using lasers and a tape measure. The A.C.T.s were installed using ball tipped spikes on kinematic cups on top of a carbon fibre plate:

Compared to my Sashas the A.C.T.s felt tiny! 

I loaded up the SAM profile for the A.C.T.s and activating SAM made a considerable difference to the sound across the frequency spectrum. I'd say the effect was far greater than on the Sasha. Also I removed the two GIK bass trap units that were positioned on the ground between the speakers. Wow! This really unleashed the bass of the A.C.T.s with no bloat whatsoever. Luke tweaked the toe-in a little and this had quite a big effect too.

The A.C.T.s took a couple of hours to settle. Then there was another wow moment as I realised that everything was snapping into focus. It was during Gregory Porter's Liquid Spirit that I realised that I was hearing some of the best midrange ever. Switching to Steven Wilson's new album To the Bone the magic continued, wonderfully expansive midrange with terrific imaging of guitars and vocals. It made me think that perhaps the Wilson-Benesch was the more transparent speaker. As the speakers settled it seemed as though the sound was getting a bit more weight. 

As we were starting to run out of time we swapped the Discovery IIs in. Immediately I could hear that they had a very different presentation and perhaps one I would associate with a smaller speaker. There was far less bass but the bass that I could hear was of great quality and refinement. The top end seemed a little brighter and more strident but I am sure that with more time they would have settled. Overall a very impressive speaker. Luke mentioned that he ran a pair of these with a Torus to great effect. 

At which point we realised we were running out of time and Luke had to think about making tracks. A four hour car journey as it goes.  Sad

So now the good news... there are a demo pair of Resolutions only 15 minutes away! After a couple of phone calls a plan was hatched... I would get to keep the A.C.T.s over the weekend and on Monday these would be swapped out for the Resolutions which I would get to hear for 24 hours or so. How cool is that?! Big Grin Tongue  

Over the weekend I hope to be able to spend a bit more time analysing their sound and will report back in more detail. This was just a quick summary really. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Sep-2017, 15:59)GuillaumeB Wrote: Fantastic day with Luke from Wilson Benesch. 

Spent a few hours listening to the A.C.T. One Evolutions after Luke set them up in the room meticulously using lasers and a tape measure. The A.C.T.s were installed using ball tipped spikes on kinematic cups on top of a carbon fibre plate:

I loaded up the SAM profile for the A.C.T.s and activating SAM made a considerable difference to the sound across the frequency spectrum. I'd say the effect was far greater than on the Sasha. Also I removed the two GIK bass trap units that were positioned on the ground between the speakers. Wow! This really unleashed the bass of the A.C.T.s with no bloat whatsoever. Luke tweaked the toe-in a little and this had quite a big effect too.

The A.C.T.s took a couple of hours to settle. Then there was another wow moment as I realised that everything was snapping into focus. It was during Gregory Porter's Liquid Spirit that I realised that I was hearing some of the best midrange ever. Switching to Steven Wilson's new album To the Bone the magic continued, wonderfully expansive midrange with terrific imaging of guitars and vocals. It made me think that perhaps the Wilson-Benesch was the more transparent speaker. As the speakers settled it seemed as though the sound was getting a bit more weight. 

As we were starting to run out of time we swapped the Discovery IIs in. Immediately I could hear that they had a very different presentation and perhaps one I would associate with a smaller speaker. There was far less bass but the bass that I could hear was of great quality and refinement. The top end seemed a little brighter and more strident but I am sure that with more time they would have settled. Overall a very impressive speaker. Luke mentioned that he ran a pair of these with a Torus to great effect. 

At which point we realised we were running out of time and Luke had to think about making tracks. A four hour car journey as it goes.  Sad

So now the good news... there are a demo pair of Resolutions only 15 minutes away! After a couple of phone calls a plan was hatched... I would get to keep the A.C.T.s over the weekend and on Monday these would be swapped out for the Resolutions which I would get to hear for 24 hours or so. How cool is that?! Big Grin Tongue  

Over the weekend I hope to be able to spend a bit more time analysing their sound and will report back in more detail. This was just a quick summary really. 

Guillaume
What are Resolutions? I can't find them on the Wilson Benesch website.
Enjoy your weekend!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Sep-2017, 16:41)Axel Wrote:
(01-Sep-2017, 15:59)GuillaumeB Wrote: Fantastic day with Luke from Wilson Benesch. 

Guillaume
Enjoy your weekend!

http://wilson-benesch.com/products/resol...eaker.html

Looks very impressive Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(01-Sep-2017, 17:04)petrik Wrote:
(01-Sep-2017, 16:41)Axel Wrote:

Guillaume
Enjoy your weekend!

http://wilson-benesch.com/products/resol...eaker.html

Looks very impressive Smile

Thanks, Petrik  Smile

Yes, very impressive indeed!
South Coast England
Those Resolutions are currently sitting in my living room 15 mins away......