Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson-Benesch
(01-Oct-2017, 10:56)KraaijCheck Wrote: Currently looking at the Wilson Benesch Vertex to possible replace my Sonus Faber Olympica II’s. Ayone here who have heard the Vertex? Getting a home demo in two weeks.

I do have the Vertex. It's a very transparent, lively, and dynamic speaker. Works well in smaller rooms.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(01-Oct-2017, 14:01)petrik Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 10:56)KraaijCheck Wrote: Currently looking at the Wilson Benesch Vertex to possible replace my Sonus Faber Olympica II’s. Ayone here who have heard the Vertex? Getting a home demo in two weeks.

I do have the Vertex. It's a very transparent, lively, and dynamic speaker. Works well in smaller rooms.

Cool! I think they will work better in my living room in comperison to the Sonus Faber Olympica II’s.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Great review by Roy Gregory of the Resolution speakers:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/wi...lution.htm

Some very interesting comparisons made with the Wilson Audio speakers. Overall I agree with the observations.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Has anyone noticed any lab measurements on the Vector or the A.C.T. One Evolution speakers? Like for example frequency response, step response or waterfall?

It would be interesting to see some measurements on these.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(25-Feb-2018, 13:46)petrik Wrote: Has anyone noticed any lab measurements on the Vector or the A.C.T. One Evolution speakers? Like for example frequency response, step response or waterfall?

It would be interesting to see some measurements on these.

If you drop an email to Luke Milnes or to Carl Woodford at Wilson Benesch I think they might send you the measurements that WB themselves take.

mailto:info@wilson-benesch.com

I asked for this in respect of my Torus infrasonic generator and got both frequency response and EQ control data, making it easier to establish a starting point for intergrating the Torus and its amplifier with the Magico Q1s and the Devialets.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(18-Aug-2017, 13:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: I recently had the good fortune of visiting brit and hearing his wonderful setup - essentially a 1000 PRO feeding a pair of Wilson-Benesch A.C.T. speakers.

I was so impressed by his speakers that I thought I would create a dedicated thread to discuss all matters Wilson-Benesch.

Two things really grabbed me about his speakers: the extraordinary imaging that was never at the expense of musicality and thunderous bass from a fairly moderate enclosure. Talk about great speaker/room integration!

This has got me seriously thinking folks...  Confused

Now I'm not going to underestimate the contribution of the 1000 PRO, which to my ears seemed to be doing something better than my O d'A. Yes it's very difficult to disentangle cause and effect in these things, particularly in a room you are not so familiar with, but still... you know when something sounds really good.  

Anyway back to the speakers... now I could be wrong but Wilson-Benesch doesn't seem to have much of a presence in the UK. I remember a few years ago when I was auditioning the Sophia 3s and wanted to hear the Wilson-Benesch speakers (can't remember which model now) it seemed terribly difficult to arrange an audition as there were just no dealers in the South East. In the end it never happened, although to be fair Wilson-Benesch did eventually get in touch to offer me a home demo, it was just a bit too late since I had already committed to the Sophias...

So I am now thinking about revisiting Wilson-Benesch and have sent them an email asking what the possibility would be of home auditioning their A.C.T. One Evolution speakers.

To be continued I guess...  Smile

Guillaume

The OdA after upgrade has 100% exact same internal of 1000 PRO, they are identical ... I think may be the room makes the difference. I recently hear a record in a very well treat room, I can’t be more surprised how much improvement a well treated room can offer, any system put into that room sounds sooo much better, I would say Day and Night difference!!!
This thread has been brought to my knowledge by Confused.

I have been a WB user since end of 2011 when I added a pair of Vectors to my set up (it replaced B&W 804s). I have been very happy about the Vectors, especially when using the SAM profile. The amount of bass was a little bit shy but overall the sound quality was simply outstanding. I had frankly never heard much better, even from systems costing a lot more.

I have recently had the opportunity to replace the Vectors by second hand ACT One Evolution P1 (the grey version). They are demo speakers that have seen very little use and are brand new except for a slightly bended grille pin that has no impact on speaker operation of appearance. The dealer was unable to tell me how many hours they played, but I would guess possibly less than 50 considering how little following the brand has in Japan (which is totally incredible overall although I can understand for these specific speakers). They will probably still improve in the coming tens of hours.

But already today the sound is just fan-ta-stic. I particular the bass with the SAM profile is just insanely good. My wife was not too happy when they showed up since they are significantly larger than the Vector and not as good a match for our interior, but she couldn't help but commenting last night about the improvement, whatever the volume, but especially when playing at audiophile level.

My room has a very asymmetrical shape both sidewise and ceilingwise and I am not able to position the speakers far away from the walls (their back is currently less than 50cm from the back wall). I may be able to gain a bit more by tuning the position.

The only small caveat is operational. I find the speaker connectors to be very inconvenient. Yes, it's better looking compared to having the connectors at the back, but attachment and tightening of the spades bolts is a pain. I had to equip my banana fitted Chord Sarum T cables with Furutech spades which is ok but probably not optimal.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how impressed I am with these speakers.

Back to the bass... I believe that may be one of the reasons why WB isn't too popular here in Japan. Many people live in apartments and these speakers are pretty much in the same category as Wilson audio, the large Focal or YG in terms of amount of bass. Meaning that they are much more suited to houses with no neighbors below and above.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Very nice bernardl. Congratulations on your new WB speakers!
Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to listen to ACT One Evo. But I'm sure they sound great. Enjoy.

Simon

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
Thanks! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(14-Apr-2020, 02:34)Hi Bernard, bought a pair of Evo’s last year and can concur with your findings. I had Act C60’s before that I really liked but after hearing the Evo’s there was no contest. The loan pair of Evo’s from WB had the input terminals at the bottom but my speaker leads would not fit so contacted WB who told me all current Evo’s have their terminals on the rear which is so much more convenient. WB were good enough to send me a pair of adapters. You will find the quality of sound improves over about 200 hours or so.Cheers, Bill Wrote: This thread has been brought to my knowledge by Confused.

I have been a WB user since end of 2011 when I added a pair of Vectors to my set up (it replaced B&W 804s). I have been very happy about the Vectors, especially when using the SAM profile. The amount of bass was a little bit shy but overall the sound quality was simply outstanding. I had frankly never heard much better, even from systems costing a lot more.

I have recently had the opportunity to replace the Vectors by second hand ACT One Evolution P1 (the grey version). They are demo speakers that have seen very little use and are brand new except for a slightly bended grille pin that has no impact on speaker operation of appearance. The dealer was unable to tell me how many hours they played, but I would guess possibly less than 50 considering how little following the brand has in Japan (which is totally incredible overall although I can understand for these specific speakers). They will probably still improve in the coming tens of hours.

But already today the sound is just fan-ta-stic. I particular the bass with the SAM profile is just insanely good. My wife was not too happy when they showed up since they are significantly larger than the Vector and not as good a match for our interior, but she couldn't help but commenting last night about the improvement, whatever the volume, but especially when playing at audiophile level.

My room has a very asymmetrical shape both sidewise and ceilingwise and I am not able to position the speakers far away from the walls (their back is currently less than 50cm from the back wall). I may be able to gain a bit more by tuning the position.

The only small caveat is operational. I find the speaker connectors to be very inconvenient. Yes, it's better looking compared to having the connectors at the back, but attachment and tightening of the spades bolts is a pain. I had to equip my banana fitted Chord Sarum T cables with Furutech spades which is ok but probably not optimal.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how impressed I am with these speakers.

Back to the bass... I believe that may be one of the reasons why WB isn't too popular here in Japan. Many people live in apartments and these speakers are pretty much in the same category as Wilson audio, the large Focal or YG in terms of amount of bass. Meaning that they are much more suited to houses with no neighbors below and above.

Cheers,
Bernard
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.