Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footers, Vibration Tweaks
Has anyone tried the Synergistic Research Tranquility Base under a Dev? Have heard good results from placing dac's and other digital gear on them...
Has anyone ever tried putting the Dev far enough away from the speakers where vibration isn't an issue? I can't imagine there would be much floor vibration coming through the Devs original feet.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I suppose that once you can answer the questions below you have the answer to your question as well. Wink

- What types of vibrations are there that can be picked up or are generated by the Devialet? (internal generated by the electronics themselves, external through sound/air or though a direct solid material contact, ...)
- What is the exact influence of the vibrations on the electronics?
- What type of vibrations would you like to dampen/absorb; which have exactly what influence on the internal electronics? How do they influence the sound quality?
- What's the treshold below which external vibrations no longer have an influence on the internal electronics?
- Do you need to dampen all vibrations always and for the full 100% or less? What's the impact on soundquality?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
With my Stillpoints Ultra mounted on a Stillpoint Component stand my Devialet 250 sounds clearly brighter, sharper, more transparent. Overall, however, I prefer the sound without them, the culprit being the "brighter" in the previous statement.
Nevertheless it is an excellent solution to lift the Devialet enough to allow connection of some hefty spade cables (Transparent Reference XL in my case) without modifications. Also cooling is improved.
I've bought some Vibrapods and vibracones for my Dev, and in spite of all my skepticism, they have definitely improved SQ. More transparency and definition, clearly discernible (as long as the original recording helps, of course).

As I said, I was quite a skeptic but as it isn't an expensive tweak I decided to give it a try. Really happy with it. Thanks Mike and David!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I've got my 200 sitting on Herbie's Iso-Cup w/SuperSonic Hardballs (sitting in the oem feet locations) along with his SuperSonic Stabilizer disc on top, all on a Mapleshade wood platform. With all the connected power, speaker and signal cables hanging on the back, I can't imagine it will ever be really well isolated. These are just left over accessories I had used on earlier separates gear I had.

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
... don't have one yet, but I hope to be ordering a 200 soon.

I'll have mine sitting on a Symposium Ultra Platform, and double-inverted Rollerblocks with upgraded tungsten-carbide bearings.
I also have a couple HRS dampening plates to try on top of the 200, though will first have to see how hot it runs.

For power tweaks, I have a Shunyata Hydra-v2 and some Virtual Dynamics Master 2.0-LE power cords.,

The tweak-fun doesn't stop there as I found in my tweak bin 2 sheets of "ERS Cloth" Big Grin

- Andy ( in Waterloo, Canada )
Quote:As I said, I was quite a skeptic but as it isn't an expensive tweak I decided to give it a try. Really happy with it. Thanks Mike and David!

You're welcome! I also noticed a 'calming' down effect ie that music came out in a less forced or stressed fashion and dynamics became more effortless.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Nov-2014, 20:33)GuillaumeB Wrote: For what it's worth I did try a number of Stillpoints Ultras (the smaller ones) under my two Devialets.

Yes it made a slight difference but I couldn't work out if it was better or worse so I didn't bother going for them.

On the other hand I've heard Stillpoints under Vitus amplifiers and there they made a big difference. Especially to the bass!

Guillaume

After switching to the Devialet 200 from my Esoteric DAC and SACD player and Audio Research pre and power amp, I had extra Stillpoint footers to test with. In my set-up four of the Ultra SSs under Devialet made a nice difference. I was happy, but I had 3 Ultra5s left over from previous stereo. I placed these under the 200 and heard even more improvement. I do have 2 JL-113 subs and this might be some of the reason I hear more difference due to the subs extra bass causing floor to vibrate.
This look interesting, looks pretty good to!

http://www.audiophilebase.com/product-platform

any thoughts?