Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footers, Vibration Tweaks
I use the audiophile star rack, excellently made and packaged (it had to travel to Qatar from the UK). I had a small problem as the centre leg is located exactly where the socket for the K-01x player is. Problem sorted with a right-angled wattgate.
I use cera bases under both the dev 400's and my stax 007t II energizer.
(09-Dec-2014, 00:45)LBameule Wrote: I've bought some Vibrapods and vibracones for my Dev, and in spite of all my skepticism, they have definitely improved SQ. More transparency and definition, clearly discernible (as long as the original recording helps, of course).

As I said, I was quite a skeptic but as it isn't an expensive tweak I decided to give it a try. Really happy with it. Thanks Mike and David!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Hi,

I have just got mine 200 and I need some height for it for cable clearance. When I look to vibrapods and vibracones individual heights, it sums to 39,7 mm. Can you pls measure the height when you apply vibracone into a vibrapod as I believe you lose some of the height?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(28-Dec-2014, 12:27)Mikeeo Wrote:
Quote:As I said, I was quite a skeptic but as it isn't an expensive tweak I decided to give it a try. Really happy with it. Thanks Mike and David!

You're welcome! I also noticed a 'calming' down effect ie that music came out in a less forced or stressed fashion and dynamics became more effortless.

/Mike

Mike,

Same question to you.

I have just got mine 200 and I need some height for it for cable clearance. When I look to vibrapods and vibracones individual heights, it sums to 39,7 mm. Can you pls measure the height when you apply vibracone into a vibrapod as I believe you lose some of the height?

Thanks.

(01-Mar-2015, 14:07)archer75 Wrote:
(28-Dec-2014, 12:27)Mikeeo Wrote:
Quote:As I said, I was quite a skeptic but as it isn't an expensive tweak I decided to give it a try. Really happy with it. Thanks Mike and David!

You're welcome! I also noticed a 'calming' down effect ie that music came out in a less forced or stressed fashion and dynamics became more effortless.

/Mike

Mike,

Same question to you.

Thanks.

Hi, I guess it will be dependent on the pod number, but I have about 32-34 mm. This is with 3 pcs of pod no. 2 and cone!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Thanks, Mike.

(02-Mar-2015, 19:21)archer75 Wrote: Thanks, Mike.

You're more than welcome/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(03-Mar-2015, 09:25)Mikeeo Wrote:

I like the Herbie's Audio Tender feet for raising up the unit
(06-Mar-2015, 01:43)ErikM Wrote:
(03-Mar-2015, 09:25)Mikeeo Wrote:

I like the Herbie's Audio Tender feet for raising up the unit

Thanks, I will have a look.

I found an another solution and implemented now;

In-akustik excellence bolide absorbers
http://m.in-akustik.com/en/KuZ/artikel.a..._no=008550

It solved the height problem for cable clearance and also lifting the unit gave a nicer look to the unit.

(12-Apr-2016, 17:14)seasusa Wrote: Has anyone tried the Nordost Sort Kone? I read a couple of good reviews about this product. Anyhow I have ordered the BC version, will see if it makes any difference.

I preferred the still points SS mini over them...