Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue screen with Air 3.04 Windows 10
Hello,
I have a blue screen with Air 3.04 Windows 10, with error message : DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. Computer stops and reboots. I realized it was due to Air 3.04 when I tested the "soundcard" : the sound begins but then the computer crashes. I had random crashes but this a way to have one. I sent a message to Devialet support.
  Has someone else the same problem?
Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(25-Aug-2017, 22:09)Sylvain27 Wrote: Hello,
I have a blue screen with Air 3.04 Windows 10, with error message : DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. Computer stops and reboots. I realized it was due to Air 3.04 when I tested the "soundcard" : the sound begins but then the computer crashes. I had random crashes but this a way to have one. I sent a message to Devialet support.
Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Yes, I have had the same problem for a long time and I have reported this issue to the Devialet customer service on February 2017. I recommend you to open a ticket there too. That's the only way to get this issue prioritized.

I have delivered my Windows 10 crash files to the Devialet customer service that clearly show that the crash was caused by the Devialer AIR. I even recorded a video for them about how to make the Windows crash just in couple minutes when using the AIR 3.0.4.

During this 6 months time, they have replied only two things to me:
1) Other customers have reported about the same problem so it's not just my computer's problem
2) Two months ago they replied that they cannot reproduce this crash on their computers but they are working on it...

I have a feeling that they are not even trying to fix this...

Therefore I would suggest using the RoonAIR instead which works a little bit better.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(26-Aug-2017, 06:08)petrik Wrote:
Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Yes, I have had the same problem for a long time and I have reported this issue to the Devialet customer service on February 2017. I recommend you to open a ticket there too. That's the only way to get this issue prioritized.

I have delivered my Windows 10 crash files to the Devialet customer service that clearly show that the crash was caused by the Devialer AIR. I even recorded a video for them about how to make the Windows crash just in couple minutes when using the AIR 3.0.4.

1) Other customers have reported about the same problem so it's not just my computer's problem
2) Two months ago they replied that they cannot reproduce this crash on their computers but they are working on it...

Therefore I would suggest using the RoonAIR instead which works a little bit better.

Thank you very much for your reply!
In fact I'm already using RoonAir with my audio PC. But I have a second PC (for videos and movies) and I was trying to use Devialet Air with it. Before understanding that my problems were due to Air, I updated every driver on this PC, no success... So I will use another digital entry on my Devialet 800 with this PC.
I have another problem, with the configurator : after my configuration is saved, if I try to modify it later, something has changed (related to mute and pre output) and the headphones do no work anymore. So I have to make a new configuration entirely. I'm still waiting for a solution from the Customer service...
  Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(26-Aug-2017, 09:58)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(26-Aug-2017, 06:08)petrik Wrote:
Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

In fact I'm already using RoonAir with my audio PC. But I have a second PC (for videos and movies) and I was trying to use Devialet Air with it. Before understanding that my problems were due to Air, I updated every driver on this PC, no success... So I will use another digital entry on my Devialet 800 with this PC.
I have another problem, with the configurator : after my configuration is saved, if I try to modify it later, something has changed (related to mute and pre output) and the headphones do no work anymore. So I have to make a new configuration entirely. I'm still waiting for a solution from the Customer service...
  Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,
I also suffer from the Configurator bug that you describe. Every time I make an adjustment, I have to make sure that I go into the analog line out settings for my headphones and untick the "mute applies to this output" box. I don't have to make a new configuration each time, as long as I remember this rule.

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Aug-2017, 15:33)Axel Wrote:
(26-Aug-2017, 09:58)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(26-Aug-2017, 06:08)petrik Wrote: Hi Sylvain,

Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,
I also suffer from the Configurator bug that you describe. Every time I make an adjustment, I have to make sure that I go into the analog line out settings for my headphones and untick the "mute applies to this output" box. I don't have to make a new configuration each time, as long as I remember this rule.

Alex.
I've had the same inconsistencies with the configurator.   I kept thinking that I forgot to save, but going back I realize there is no "Save" button.    

I have communicated with Devialet about configuration issues but who knows if/when we'll see it addressed.    I'd love to see them find a better method for configuration when they release the new OS/streaming board.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(26-Aug-2017, 19:07)mdconnelly Wrote:
(26-Aug-2017, 15:33)Axel Wrote:
(26-Aug-2017, 09:58)Sylvain27 Wrote:   Thank you very much for your reply!
  Best regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Alex.
I've had the same inconsistencies with the configurator.   I kept thinking that I forgot to save, but going back I realize there is no "Save" button.    

I have communicated with Devialet about configuration issues but who knows if/when we'll see it addressed.    I'd love to see them find a better method for configuration when they release the new OS/streaming board.

I also told Devialet about this bug a couple of years ago, but they've done nothing about it.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Guess what - I got a message from the support today saying basically that they have identified the problem regarding the blue screen crash and that they are currently working on a fix. Let's see when they are able to release a new version of AIR. Perhaps then I could finally continue using the HQPlayer Smile
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
I'm disappointed that they are not working feverishly.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(28-Aug-2017, 16:53)Zappydev Wrote: I'm disappointed that they are not working feverishly.

Cannot argue with that. It took only 6 months for them to identify this problem although I sent them a video how to make it crash anytime Big Grin

Perhaps they will now start working feverishly and surprise us by... making it work after all these years? Yeah, that would be a surprise.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(28-Aug-2017, 17:47)petrik Wrote:
(28-Aug-2017, 16:53)Zappydev Wrote: I'm disappointed that they are not working feverishly.

Cannot argue with that. It took only 6 months for them to identify this problem although I sent them a video how to make it crash anytime Big Grin

Perhaps they will now start working feverishly and surprise us by... making it work after all these years? Yeah, that would be a surprise.

Well, in the interests of total honesty, after the nonsense that was AIR 2.x I have been using AIR 3.x (and now RoonAIR) on a daily basis for over a year without any issues, but of course, that does not provide one iota of comfort to anyone struggling with BSOD. Let us indeed hope for a surprise !
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3