Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal App For Mac Drops Out When Computer Put to Sleep
I have recently started using Airplay with the Tidal desktop app for Mac and love the quality of the sound and the Tidal app experience. What is frustrating is that the Tidal app goes to sleep with the computer does unlike Spark or Itunes. Does anybody know a way around this?
(28-Aug-2017, 11:23)Ken Reede Wrote: I have recently started using Airplay with the Tidal desktop app for Mac and love the quality of the sound and the Tidal app experience. What is frustrating is that the Tidal app goes to sleep with the computer does unlike Spark or Itunes. Does anybody know a way around this?

Hi, of course you could adjust under Mac OS X in the system settings under "Energy saving", when and whether the Mac or the monitor to go to the idle state. But if you want to disable the rest state more frequently, this can quickly become a nuisance.

Many Mac users prefer to rely on a small software tool. One of them is called "CAFFEINE" and is probably best known, especially since it works reliably and is also free of charge.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thank you very much K4680. I will give Caffeine a try.
(29-Aug-2017, 02:49)Ken Reede Wrote: Thank you very much K4680. I will give Caffeine a try.

Hello Ken Reede, would be glad if it helps you ! Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria