Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi Extenders
I am looking at buying a WiFi extender but not sure on a few things.  Has anyone tried one, I am looking at getting one with an either net connector to connect directly into my Devialet.  
  1. There is the type that gets the connection via the electrical wires in the house, does this cause an issue with SQ.
  2. Has anyone had good results with any particular unit, looking to spend + / - $100 Canadian
  3. is there an advantage of connecting to the extender if the extender is only 2 feet away from the Devialet
  4. I believe that extenders does increase latency is that a big issue
  5. anything else you believe would be pertinent would be appreciated.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Hello Norty, i run a T & A plant in the wintergarden over PowerLan (PLC). Have also tested WiFi Repeater have me for the PowerLan solution decided (via PowerLan it sounded better)! Good experiences I have done with AVM and Netgear.
Picture as example!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hey ,thanks, the best rated seemed to be via the power line, but was nervous on the effect of sq. I will give it a try!
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
(06-Sep-2017, 01:56)Norty Wrote: Hey ,thanks, the best rated seemed to be via the power line, but was nervous on the effect of sq.  I will give it a try!

As my signature shows, I am having both a WiFi and a PLC segment between the Mac and the Devialet. In addition, both the Devialet and the Airport AP are directly connected to the PLC adaptor (both power and Ethernet) with, at least to my ears, nor SQ problem or degradation at all. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France